Boston Crusaders 2010

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much time off for my tastes.

After a 12 hour rehearsal day in 97 degree heat, I would hope that nobody would begrudge these kids a couple slices of pizza and a sno-cone.

I really hope you're kidding........

Boston's Housing/Showsite info for upcoming OK and TX Contests:

Wed, July 21 Catoosa High School 2000 S Cherokee St Catoosa, OK 74015

Show Stadium Broken Arrow Memorial

1901 E Albany (Albany &

23rd Streets

Broken Arrow, OK

Thurs, July 22 Whitesboro High School #1 Bearcat Drive Whitesboro, TX 76273

Show StadiumWildcat-Ram -

Lake Highlands High School 9449 Church Road Dallas, TX 75238

Fri, July 23 Brenham High School 525 A.H. Ehrig Drive Brenham, TX 77833

Show Stadium The Berry Center

8877 Barker Cypress Rd

(and West Road) Cypress, TX 77433

Sat, July 24 Poteet High School Leming Road Poteet, TX 78065 No Show

Sun, July 25 Poteet High School Leming Road Poteet, TX 78065

Show Stadium D.W. Rutledge @

Judson High School 900 S Seguin Road Converse, TX 78109

saw them in minnesota and they were terrific, an amazing show for their 70th anniversary. the pit never fails year after year, the brass line always killer, their guard always executing beyond belief, it seems this year the weak spot is in their battery, but all in all an exciting show to watch

Too much time off for my tastes.

Ghost, please make like your name and disappear. You disgust me and anyone else that cares about the corps and actually does something to help. You have done zero accept offer critical selfish points of view and opinions. I know who you are and you know who I am.

Cease and resist!

After a 12 hour rehearsal day in 97 degree heat, I would hope that nobody would begrudge these kids a couple slices of pizza and a sno-cone.

I really hope you're kidding........

Should have been a little more clearer on my thoughts. I feel they should be competing more, especially since they began 3/4 contests behind many other corps.

Ghost, please make like your name and disappear. You disgust me and anyone else that cares about the corps and actually does something to help. You have done zero accept offer critical selfish points of view and opinions. I know who you are and you know who I am.

Cease and resist!

I claim ignorance to whom you are Ms./Sir since your profile is limited, but will accept your comment that we know each other. That being the case, you know that I'm like many BAC alumni who want them to do well, but have been disappointed in recent leadership and how serious they want the corps to challenge each year. Referring to the corps as BAC was born when I marched. We were Bad A## Crusaders because we were interested in trying to win contests,not that we put on a good show. As you know then, we let the judges know, occasionally, our feelings during retreat, if we felt the corps as a section or the whole corps got robbed. Sorry that the money generated by my donated Silent Auction item this year and the 3 digit amount donated to the current challenge with Madison does not help the corps.

Edited by Ghost

I claim ignorance to whom you are Ms./Sir since your profile is limited, but will accept your comment that we know each other. That being the case, you know that I'm like many BAC alumni who want them to do well, but have been disappointed in recent leadership and how serious they want the corps to challenge each year. Referring to the corps as BAC was born when I marched. We were Bad A## Crusaders because we were interested in trying to win contests,not that we put on a good show. As you know then, we let the judges know, occasionally, our feelings during retreat, if we felt the corps as a section or the whole corps got robbed. Sorry that the money generated by my donated Silent Auction item this year and the 3 digit amount donated to the current challenge with Madison does not help the corps.

Sir, your contributions to the corps, while both generous and appreciated, do not entitle you to make disparaging comments in a public forum about the members, staff, or management of the Boston Crusaders. You claim to support the corps, yet in an amazing display of what can only be considered bipolar behavior, you consistently bash all the people involved with it.

To make matters worse, your assumptions about the leadership and staff of the corps are completely off base. Have you spoken with any members of the current staff and management? The team that is in place now has been together for three years, and I can assure you that they are moving heaven and earth to enable this drum corps to be successful and to as you say, "challenge for the top".

I also find your comments about "too much time off" both ironic and disingenuous. They began their summer on May 29th, and will end it on August 14th. That is a total of 75 days IN A ROW that the entire drum corps is together and working toward their common goal. Since you brought up the way things were "back in the day" I will remind you that 30 or 40 years ago, WE all slept in our own beds all summer except for a week here or there.

In my heart, I feel sorry for you that you haven't taken the time to get to know the members, staff, and management of the current drum corps. Perhaps you would be a bit more charitable in your assessment of them if you had.

Craig K. Scott

Edited by craiga

Different time different place man. There are other ways to express your thoughts in a more proactive and positive manner. The corps staff handles the planning, show design, business process, well being of the kids 150+ and communication DCI on a profession level and they should be commanded for it. For those of us that have been around for the past 30 + years, helping and supporting, known all to well the frustration. chill have a great day. w-d-g.