The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

I honestly think that MANY former Bluecoats are skeptical every year. It's actually PART of being "us". We've always been an underdog or rather "the outsiders trying to get in" and I personally have NEVER been confident the first time I see my Bluecoats each summer. I'm just never convinced it's enough to hang with those "other" shows - competitively. I have faith in the management and the staff and if they feed the kids well, get enough rest, and have `focussed and intense rehearsals ...well, then they'll be fine. BUT - the first time I see them I'm ultra critical of the show itself. The horn book and drum book is always a work in progress - but I still want to see them and say - THAT is the show that could beat ANYone. I thought that about CARAVAN and about CRIMINAL. In any case, I don't think Scott is being a "naysayer" - it's natural for former members to feel that way in June. I always do.

However - I've read good things and my step daughter is marching her ageout on mello so I'm very optimistic!

I encourage all fellow Bluecoats to give a shout to her at every show. Go ERICA!

Anyone have photos from Charleston?

Photo from Charleston 36455_407223993999_520923999_4186274_1719846_n.jpg

Well this is my first year to be a part of something so awesome. My son plays the contra and is loving every minute. I have posted some pictures on facebook if you would like to look at them. http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?a...1442&ref=pb that is the link to one of my facebook pages. You can also view them by typing in Captured Creations which is my business facebook. Let me know what you think of them. If anyone out there have any pics or videos I am very interested. :laughing:

That's interesting how different people can have different takes on shows. I was impressed by the complexity of design and the level of performance for June. I think most folks who attended the show would say something similar.

It was spectacular and championship caliber, imho. Their hornline is one of the best around and the percussion is no slouch either. The guard is great as well.

Can't say too much more right now, as I'm still recovering from a 12 hour drive.

I know, I know. "It's only one show/It's early season/The other corps could have been having an off night/blah blah blah..." but you have to give credit where credit is due. Tonight, winning the show and scoring within mere points of the top spot is a big deal for the corps.

This corps is working hard, has a great staff, great leadership, and will continue to own this very powerful show. BLOO!!!!

I do not think tonight will be the last time that the Bluecoats hear their score being the last one announced!!!

This is shaping up as an interesting season. Congrats to the Bluecoats on their win tonite.

Edited by BRASSO