The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

That's interesting how different people can have different takes on shows. I was impressed by the complexity of design and the level of performance for June. I think most folks who attended the show would say something similar.
Well, I too was at the special Saturday show...and it sucked...big time. However I was also there on Friday the 19th...I saw how hard they worked, and more importantly, how much the kids and staff drove each other. Friday's run through was outstanding - better in every way shape and form from Saturday's...and Saturday was an 'easier' day.

Now - why would that be? Why, after 4 solid weeks of beating their own brains out for 11 hours a day would a corps find that a full uniform, heat of the afternoon, looking into the sun, sit there and wait for someone to speak to the the audience for 10 whole minutes before you start, performance be in any way lacking? Plus, there was another issue that contributed to their trouble, but since I'm not part of the Bluecoat family, I'll say nothing. But it had to be an issue - one I'm positive is now resolved.

I believe Saturday was a great reason to believe they'll be fine - especially after what I witnessed on Friday. In what better part of the season to lay an egg than prior to your first competition? The kids will quickly learn how awful that feels, and find a way to succeed in spite of whatever may be going on around them.

Come on family of Blue...stop nay-saying your own based on one hexed performance...

I honestly think that MANY former Bluecoats are skeptical every year. It's actually PART of being "us". We've always been an underdog or rather "the outsiders trying to get in" and I personally have NEVER been confident the first time I see my Bluecoats each summer. I'm just never convinced it's enough to hang with those "other" shows - competitively. I have faith in the management and the staff and if they feed the kids well, get enough rest, and have `focussed and intense rehearsals ...well, then they'll be fine. BUT - the first time I see them I'm ultra critical of the show itself. The horn book and drum book is always a work in progress - but I still want to see them and say - THAT is the show that could beat ANYone. I thought that about CARAVAN and about CRIMINAL. In any case, I don't think Scott is being a "naysayer" - it's natural for former members to feel that way in June. I always do.

However - I've read good things and my step daughter is marching her ageout on mello so I'm very optimistic!

I encourage all fellow Bluecoats to give a shout to her at every show. Go ERICA!

Ken is right, I'm not being a "naysayer", I just wasn't impressed. You know, just because I marched Bluecoats at one time doesn't mean I automatically have to like them and think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. To be completely honest, I don't particularly care for their shows hardly ever. It's just not my cup of tea. They are my former corps and I will contintue to support them, but I don't have to like them.

The main problem I had with Saturday's show was that we were sitting kind of low (as was everyone) and I literally couldn't hear the drumline 90% of the time because the freakin' pit was way too loud. And after all the hype on here, Asphalt Cocktail did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe once I see them in Akron, I'll have a different opinion, but until then, my thoughts are still valid.

I just watched this show on fan network and what a big pile of crap it is! JUST KIDDING. It bloooo me away. Although I don't get the theme, the music and visuals were fantastic, and what a guard. I could definitely see this show staying ahead of Regiment and the Cavies all season. Way to go Bluecoats.

This is the first Bluecoats show that I've really enjoyed in quite a while, way to go. While opinions differ greatly in the drum corps world, I'm finding more to be excited about this season than in quite some time.

This is the first Bluecoats show that I've really enjoyed in quite a while, way to go. While opinions differ greatly in the drum corps world, I'm finding more to be excited about this season than in quite some time.

Me too. I mean Glassmen and Madison are possibly the 10th and 11th place corps right now and they are only 3 points down from the Cavies. This is shaping up to be one great season. Blooooo's guard is AWESOME IMO!

Wow, great job in Bowling Green. I was blown away by the quality level for late June. That brass line is amazing, and that's coming from a drummer!

Can't wait to see what happens on the east coast

Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!

The handle will tell you I'm certainly biased, but let's all see things for what they are: this is the first time, in a LONG time, we see the Bluecoats winning three weeks in a row. I've been associated with this corps for four years, and I can't recall a year with this strong a start.

There's a great attitude among the players and the staff, from what I can gather. Solid vet leadership, unified artistic direction, and a belief in one another. I'm trusting there's enough growth potential in the show to allow the corps to keep their foot on the gas.

This could be very, very interesting...

The handle will tell you I'm certainly biased, but let's all see things for what they are: this is the first time, in a LONG time, we see the Bluecoats winning three weeks in a row. I've been associated with this corps for four years, and I can't recall a year with this strong a start.

There's a great attitude among the players and the staff, from what I can gather. Solid vet leadership, unified artistic direction, and a belief in one another. I'm trusting there's enough growth potential in the show to allow the corps to keep their foot on the gas.

This could be very, very interesting...

They were great tonight. I generally hate electronics, but their use of them was professional and made sense. They have a great corps and showed off a bunch of "new-this-week" silks on their flags. All were very colorful, modern, and cool. The percussion section was hot, the contras were HOT HOT, and the hornline is just smokin'!

I can see this show....dare I say it...winning.

I can see this show....dare I say it...winning.

Bingo!!!... I'm on a big time coats trip this year. They scare the crap out of me and most likely they are scaring the living s... out of those they compete against. Not sure what the devils will do this year but I see the coats as being the biggest threat so far. I think they are going to shake things up this season. This may sound crazy but I'm thinking possible Gold for the Coats this year. Sorry. I just get these strange gut feelings sometimes and they always end up comming true for the most part. Call me crazy. That's just the way I see things so far.