Season has begun...gotten to see/hear some shows

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious. G7 or not, this is shaping up to be one of the most enjoyable dci years for me.

To me this is sort of like having a conflict with a nation where the people of the nation are wonderful, and the lands of the nation are beautiful, but the leadership of the nation has gone horribly askew. I hold nothing against the performers, staff, or volunteers of the G7, just the directors (the leaders) who have promoted their own self righteous egotistic elitism above all else at the cost of peace amongst other corps.

regardless of what the kids do on the field, i'll still think the G7 idea sucks

As if seeing some shows should make me suddenly like the idea of seven corps conducting a hostile takeover of DCI and hurling open-class overboard?

If anything, seeing some shows will only remind me that there are far more than seven corps I want to continue seeing in the future.

I agree. I still cannot support the G7 proposal in any way. I love my hometown corps. Still call bingo for them occasionally (Bluecoats), and will always want to support drum corps and help them when I can, but I just don't like this proposal. We all need to see how this works out in July, then I think a 2nd wave of discussions will be coming.

I agree. I still cannot support the G7 proposal in any way. I love my hometown corps. Still call bingo for them occasionally (Bluecoats), and will always want to support drum corps and help them when I can, but I just don't like this proposal. We all need to see how this works out in July, then I think a 2nd wave of discussions will be coming.

What if it passes in July? Then there's not much to discuss, really. It's black or white then.

The time to discuss is now. The time to write is now. The time to engage is now. Waiting to the Janual to decide the issues boxes the G7 into another year with DCI. I don't think they'll stand for indecision until then.

Seeing shows changes nothing (except that it may allow you to forget about it for a brief while).

It's been said many times already, but I'll say it again:

The G7 proposal was bad enough, but to drop it on the Board (and ultimately, the other DCI member corps) right before the start of the summer season is **** ***** *****!!!!

What if it passes in July? Then there's not much to discuss, really. It's black or white then.

The time to discuss is now. The time to write is now. The time to engage is now. Waiting to the Janual to decide the issues boxes the G7 into another year with DCI. I don't think they'll stand for indecision until then.

It would be very easy to lose sight of all of this now that the season has started.

There is supposed to be a revisiting of the proposal in July. There is a chance that some or all of the proposal will be approved. Perhaps some kind of compromise proposal.

I really don't think that will happen though. The new board was put into place in reaction to the proposal in May. I don't see them making one of their first big decisions an approval of any of this.

If nothing happens in July (or if there is a decision to table the discusion or ask for further study), I don't think it will wait until a meeting in January. Often there are a couple of board meetings in the fall - usually one in September and another one in November.