Rochester Show / July 3rd

Somebody better warn the Grenadiers and Scout House of what happened to Les Diplomates at the border last weekend............

This is an update I learned of from this morning's paper: Over the weekend, some 9 suspected Russian "spies" were arrested at various east coast locations, including a husband/wife who lived near here in Montclair, NJ under the alias of Murphy (can you believe it?).

As it turns out, one of those arrested among the nine was carrying a passport of a deceased Canadian citizen. THAT may have complicated the border situation for the Dips...

I guess the best advice remains to make sure all paperwork is proper and up to date.

I wish Grenadiers and Scout House the best........I enjoy them both so much.

Joe in NJ

Alive and holding my own passport

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this show actually be recognized by DCA as an official show with only 3 competing corps?

Yes sir....3 competing corps is....3 competing corps.

GO GET 'EM EMPIRE!!!! The video is excellent!

Is there anyway you guys can get 1 full video on youtube? We won't be able to see you until finals

How ironic that perhaps the quietest top 5 corps this winter, would be the first to have video of their 2010 production available via YouTube. Thanks for posting this. Of the short segments posted, the show looks very well put together for this early in the season. The show seems a tad slow paced, however the horns show a very nice ensemble sound, perhaps aided by the relatively centered drill design. The drill doesn't seem to do much to support the music or move all that much in large segments of the program but perhaps the use of what I'm sure will be mondo props, costumes, and characters will make this less noticeable. Good luck with that...

stirring the pot already VOR

Used to it by now :sad:

I appreciate the honest mini-review though VOReason.

See you (more like you see me) soon.

EMPIRE STATESMEN 2010!

Hey, I thought I made some very nice remarks intertwined with some hopefully constructive critique. Realizing, of course, that anything short of saying "it's the greatest thing since sliced bread", would tend to ruffle some overly sensitive feathers. Have you, or anyone else, seen the videos (they were in 7, minute plus segments)? If so, what do you think...if you dare!

What a joke to have only three competing corps. I am not going to waste my money and I wonder if the turnout will be smaller this year.

May as well wait until next week in Hornell where you can get much more for the money!

If the Brigadiers and Crusaders had not fallen apart we'd have 5 Corps competing..... Both of them have been in our show for many many years. It will be sad without them. Running a show near the 4th of July Holiday is hard because the Corps from far away make lots of money with Parades on this weekend. Otherwise we'd have them here. I'm so sorry we couldn't please you.... Enjoy the Hornell Show!!

Allen:

Best wishes to you and the Statesmen for a successful competition season kick-off. Looking forward to seeing the show!