Fort Edward/Glens Falls show wed June 30th

Yep-- it really is classless and stupid. Are you glad that some guy threw a shoe at them?

so it's classless to throw a shoe at PR, but hilarious to throw one at the President of the US?

I just want to make sure I know what lines are being drawn in this country...

I mean, I wouldn't throw a shoe at anyone. That is assault. But all the people who thought it was ok to throw a shoe at Bush should also think that it is ok to throw a shoe at PR. I'm sure some of these people post on DCP.

edit: I think he should've shouted but stopped before throwing a shoe. So my position is clear.

Edited by soccerguy315

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was there alcohol served at this show? was this guy DRUNK?

whiskey tiger foxtrot

We are awaiting Cynosure to fill in the blanks on this alleged incident. If somebody screams in the stands, then launches a missle ( a shoe ) out onto the field, just about everyone in that High School stadium would have seen the shoe toss by that fan. What do we have... maybe 2-3,000 fans tonite in that small H.S. stadium ?

I've heard of male crazed Iraqi's throwing a shoe. It's one of those rude.. and very weird... customs of theirs.

But what American MALE takes his shoe off and throws it onto a football field from the stands at a performing Drum Corps ? Or carries an extra shoe with them into a football stadium ? That's one very creepy guy,.... drunk or not.

Cynosure.... come out... come out.... wherever you are.( Fill in the blanks )

Edited by BRASSO

We are awaiting Cynosure to fill in the blanks on this alleged incident. If somebody screams in the stands, then launches a missle ( a shoe ) out onto the field, just about everyone in that High School stadium would have seen the shoe toss by that fan.

I've heard of male crazed Iraqi's throwing a shoe. It's one of those rude.. and very weird... customs of theirs.

But what American MALE takes his shoe off and throws it onto a football field from the stands ? Or carries an extra shoe with them into a football stadium ? That's one very creepy guy,.... drunk or not.

Maybe it was Osama, and hes tricking us by hiding here in the USA......he must think the g-7 is some sort of anti-muslim thing and the term"regiment" scared him !

G

That guy Cynosure has "6" total posts..I wonder if we all got sucked into a bad rumor... Can anyone else confirm this story? Just saying...it sounds so ridiculous to me and funny by its absurdity.

hahahaha epic.

is it really classless?

Yes. It really is classless: politics have nothing to do with it.

Besides, throwing a shoe at a Head of State in protest is one thing: throwing a shoe onto the field of a non-profit youth arts event is another, IMO.

That doesn't excuse the Arab who 'shoed' President Bush (though for what it's worth, 'shoeing' is a fairly common form of protest in the Arab world), and while I disagreed with MANY of Bush's policies I didn't find the shoeing funny, classy, or anything short of despicable. But if your argument is one of, "oh, it was 'funny' to throw a shoe at Bush so it's 'funny' to throw shoes at DCI shows," then I fail to see the logic.

Horrible and indeed classless display.

so it's classless to throw a shoe at PR, but hilarious to throw one at the President of the US?

I just want to make sure I know what lines are being drawn in this country...

I mean, I wouldn't throw a shoe at anyone. That is assault. But all the people who thought it was ok to throw a shoe at Bush should also think that it is ok to throw a shoe at PR. I'm sure some of these people post on DCP.

edit: I think he should've shouted but stopped before throwing a shoe. So my position is clear.

:sad:

LMAO...Um ... logic fail. Even if there were some people on here who thought that, it doesn't--in any way-- negate the opinions of those of us who don't; for instance, I think both were stupid and classless. No line drawn at all.

That guy Cynosure has "6" total posts..I wonder if we all got sucked into a bad rumor... Can anyone else confirm this story? Just saying...it sounds so ridiculous to me and funny by its absurdity.

as of this moment... Cynosure, the poster is lurking below.

Unless he comes back on and explains more in detail.... or someone else can confirm.... I'd ask that the moderator ban this poster if this stoy of his ultimately turns out to be bogus.

Tensions are very high on this G-7 scheme. We don't need made up stories of attempted assault and battery on the part of supporters of the G-7 in an attempt to discredit opposition to their power grab.

so Cynosure... come out and explain more on this.... or you are going to look like one sick puppy.... and hurt the G-7 even MORE with this outrageous false claim of yours.

Edited by BRASSO

Hmmmm

That could be. I guess what's interesting is if someone says, "Phantom won percussion by .3 last night" and a recap isn't posted immediately there's an automatic thought by many of "well, I don't know if I can believe you without DCI's recaps posted." But someone posts a short story about something WILDLY odd, and most of us take the poster on his word without any corroboration. ** NOTE ** I am guilty of this too.

Sadly, I think the rude nature of humans, and the harsh disagreement displayed by some drum corps fans, makes the story easy to accept without proof.

Will be interesting to hear if this did indeed happen. Thanks for the logic, and reminding us to maybe wait for other posts backing up this alleged incident before we get all upset about this. ** NOTE ** that goes for me too :sad:

some people really do take drum corps too seriously......