Oswego We Go

how do you come up with this o great one?

She's the real hype killer... :thumbup:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all scores inflated by 4 points .

When did this show move to the west coast? :thumbup:

Is that guidance from experience of a certain group of CAC pit players whom ventured out a wee bit too far ? Boo? Dickies? Mr. Mason?

I'm pretty sure Mark Salahar wasn't with us and I know Boo wasn't there either. Fun times!

When did this show move to the west coast? :blink:

:thumbup:

now now.. everybody knows there's no truth to that urban legend..

Edited by ScribeToo

In reality the sheets are just a guideline. The spread is what matters.

If it comes down to Cavies being 4 points better than Glassmen at a 76 but not quite meeting the sheets for an 80 they will still get the 80 because spread is what is important.

Probably depends on the judge, too.

Why "can't" Glassmen be close to or even with Blue Stars? Up until finals they went back and forth a couple of times for the last two years. I agree that until a head to head we won't really know how they stack up against each other but scores ARE scores and if we don't think they matter WHY are we even "competing"? I just think this year is shaping up to be another 1968 where EVERYONE was super close and anybody could win it or move up the ranks.

I understand what you are saying,and it's possible that Glassmen may not only be within 4 tenths of Blue Stars, but at their rate of progression that they may even beat Blue Stars the next time they meet head to head in competition.

All I'm sayin', is don't scratch your head and wonder what happened if in the head to head competition coming up between ( say ) Glassmen and Blue Stars that the spread between Blue Stars and Glassmen was in favor of Blue Stars by maybe a couple of points. That's because should that occur, it was explained to you on this thread above why this would not be considered unusual at all.

I understand what you are saying,and it's possible that Glassmen may not only be within 4 tenths of Blue Stars, but at their rate of progression that they may even beat Blue Stars the next time they meet head to head in competition.

All I'm sayin', is don't scratch your head and wonder what happened if in the head to head competition coming up between ( say ) Glassmen and Blue Stars that the spread between Blue Stars and Glassmen was in favor of Blue Stars by maybe a couple of points. That's because should that occur, it was explained to you on this thread above why this would not be considered unusual at all.

Quite honestly I am amazed the Glassmen beat Madison after watching the performance and the rehearsals, especially brass. Would love to see the recaps to see what is hamstringing Madison, cause brass to brass, no way, no how.

Why "can't" Glassmen be close to or even with Blue Stars? Up until finals they went back and forth a couple of times for the last two years. I agree that until a head to head we won't really know how they stack up against each other but scores ARE scores and if we don't think they matter WHY are we even "competing"? I just think this year is shaping up to be another 1968 where EVERYONE was super close and anybody could win it or move up the ranks.

If Glassmen go up 7 points every other show, I agree with you... They could beat Stars then knock off Blue Devils.

and in those 4 rehearsal days Glassmen sat around, got ice cream,had a water balloon fight, napped, and didnt get better? I think these scores are were they should be face the facts that everyone got better in the last couple days. Madison had 3 rehearsal days to fix problems and thats why their score went up a lot too.

Dude I totally agree. What was being discussed was "Fan Of A$&*~@" comment that all scores were inflated by 4 points. Those scores places Glassmen and Scouts way ahead of the Crossmen and that's why she's so angry.... Read.....

Edited by SFZFAN

Quite honestly I am amazed the Glassmen beat Madison after watching the performance and the rehearsals, especially brass. Would love to see the recaps to see what is hamstringing Madison, cause brass to brass, no way, no how.

There is no brass score. All we can do is look at Ens Music and GE Music to get a feel for it. Madison beat Glassmen in both of those captions, so I'm a little lost on your point.

Don't you worry...with Prime, DVD and Mason all over it, things bode well for Madison, CI-wise.