OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

Yeah, I think it was more the amplified church service segment that got to me.

You should turn down the volume, go pee-pee or get a dog during their performance....

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of this is percussion judge driven. They love all the sounds and synth stuff, while all the brass staffs must be pulling their hair out trying to balance the hornline with an amped up bass voice... Poor contras, poor contras....

Tell me about it. 20 contras on Scouts and they still reinforce them. I want to march corps (tuba player here) but the electronic reinforcement is one part I'm not looking forward to.

To my knowledge its not some "random Christian prayer" but rather the prayer that Pioneer prays before each show. In that regard, the prayer is entirely appropriate (in my opinion, of course) because its representing the corps on the field and what it means to them instead of a portrayal of Christianity as a whole.

It's no different than high school marching band. When you don't have the numbers or talent levels but are still trying to compete, you often compensate with electronics. However, if you don't have it done right, it can come off sounding bad. It's really that more people need to get their butts off the couch and stop being arm chair directors when they've never even marched, but are marching age and join the ranks of these corps so that they don't need to try and compensate with electronics.

I'm not marching age. It's no fault of any performing member I'm calling out, but simply the choice of a show designer to include electronics in such a way in a show.

Edited by Hrothgar15

To my knowledge its not some "random Christian prayer" but rather the prayer that Pioneer prays before each show. In that regard, the prayer is entirely appropriate (in my opinion, of course) because its representing the corps on the field and what it means to them instead of a portrayal of Christianity as a whole.

Agreed......

You should turn down the volume, go pee-pee or get a dog during their performance....

It's amazing that some folks complain, yet we have the full freedom to not watch a show we don't care for..... but instead, we sit, get p'oed about its content, then bash in public.....

So it's kinda early to be talking about this regional, but I figured I'd see what everyone else was doing.

Me and a friend are going up to Atlanta the day before the show, and working with Spirit the next day. I've heard Crossmen will be rehearsing at a nearby high school on the 30th, so we'll probably end up going to that.

But, just wanted to check in and see how many other people on here will be going, and if any are going to rehearsals. If anyone finds out of another rehearsal somewhere please let me know. I know Crown is having one Saturday morning, but we won't be able to make that one.

Looking forward to this show, as I always am! Feel free to post tips, advice, travel info, or anything about this show/area to help others that will be attending! :tongue:

Alright fans.....folks....whoever is in the stadium watching this show in person.......

I went to the bathroom, got a cold drink and snack and back to my seat in less than four minutes...and it didn't cost me a cent.......beat that.... :cool:

I'm not marching age. It's no fault of any performing member I'm calling out, but simply the choice of a show designer to include electronics in such a way in a show.

I'm not specifically calling you out either. However, don't tell me that hasn't been the case for you in the past as well. And to finish off the Pioneer thing, as was mentioned, it is the Prayer used by the corps daily. The corps regularly attends church. It's a part of who they are and what their show is representing. The show is not about religion, but about their identity and what it means to be a member of Pioneer. To take it in any other way is pretty silly. But, moving on...

Who's on the field. No feed for me.

I'm not specifically calling you out either. However, don't tell me that hasn't been the case for you in the past as well. And to finish off the Pioneer thing, as was mentioned, it is the Prayer used by the corps daily. The corps regularly attends church. It's a part of who they are and what their show is representing. The show is not about religion, but about their identity and what it means to be a member of Pioneer. To take it in any other way is pretty silly. But, moving on...

Who's on the field. No feed for me.

That actually clears it up a bunch for me, thanks for the info. Teal is on.