OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

Oh, I didn't realize BK were marching strings. :unhappy:

bahahahaha! I had that one coming - must have had strings on the mind...

just mentally change it to voila with an accent grave over the 'a'

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was SCV missing their 4th bass? cuz almost every clip i've seen of em this year has some interval issue in the bassline, and almost always, he seems to be the cause of it...maybe an injury would explain it... hope he recovers soon!

The 5th bass (the biggest one) is out for the season. His foot has been bothering him a lot and apparently found out he has a fracture.

Edited by Lightness

Hey everyone. Sorry my tweets sucked (if you were following them at all). I wound up not seeing many corps, but that time was instead spent catching up with people I haven't seen in years...that takes priority over drum corps show. Plus, I might be going to Finals anyway, and I saw all the non-finalist corps I wanted to see (Spirit), so I feel like I didn't miss much.

The 5th bass (the biggest one) is out for the season. His foot has been bothering him a lot and apparently found out he has a fracture.

holy crap! that's AWFUL news...

WOAH!!! When was the last time a Corps lost a Bass Drummer to injury this late into the Season? A Snare or Tenor player isn't uncommon, but a Bass Drummer is highly unusual. That surely is AWFUL to say the least..hope that members injury is fully recoverable and gets better.

Edited by Zeke

WOAH!!! When was the last time a Corps lost a Bass Drummer to injury this late into the Season? A Snare or Tenor player isn't uncommon, but a Bass Drummer is highly unusual. That surely is AWFUL to say the least..hope that members injury is fully recoverable and gets better.

Cadets are also missing a bass. Tons of injuries all over the place this year. These kids need to take vitamin supplements or something!

Cadets are also missing a bass. Tons of injuries all over the place this year. These kids need to take vitamin supplements or something!

I can't believe i forgot that, Yes that is whom I was remembering from last night for some reason I didn't notice that with Vanguard.

SCV's drill is stuck in the 90's, but they are getting GE Visual scores this year that are indefensible, imo.

Cavalier81, you TOTALLY called that one. While SCV has other problems this year, visual GE is not one of them. I think their visual design is the strongest aspect of their show, and there are a lot of great things going on visually in SCV this year.

But EVERYONE on DCP can certainly judge better than some of the most highly trained marching arts adjudicators in the country. Everyone knows the sheets and criteria better than DCI judges and has a better understanding of how to apply the ranking/rating rubric better that trained/experienced judges.

I seriously wish people on DCP would stop talking from a judicial standpoint (since most people here have absolutely no clue what they're talking about when it comes to ranking/rating), and instead focus on, "I personally do not like SCV's show design." Anything other than that from most people (such as BRASSO's above assessment) is just laughably naive.

You don't know what I know, nor who I know. You only know my comments. You can accept them or reject them as you may. I have no idea your level of knowledge, nor based upon such, would then proceed to tell you that you are "laughably naive." But your reply comments to me, without such knowledge ,make it difficult not to be prompted to call you inexperienced and naive by attacking a poster, instead of responding as to why you believe that the GE Visuals this year of the SCV offer sufficient demand, complexity, creativity, integration, cohesiveness, flow,, etc as to warrant such high GE Visual scores.

I stand by my comment above re. the SCV drill demand and visual this year.

And by the way, one look at the captions from Atlanta, and it's clear to most intelligent people that can simply read the captions, that there is some very SERIOUS differences of opinion among the judges themselves with the scoring of some of these Corps in competition. So the differences of opinion is most assuredly not confined to just us fans.

Edited by BRASSO

Have fan network and watched all the shows except G-7 Boycotting them

You really showed them. :unhappy:

There is an old phrase, "On any given night...;" well, last night SHOULD have been one of those with the Blue Stars on top of SCV if only by tenths.

This past week, if anything, has been shaping a lot of end of the season groupings (minus the Blue Devils) and the Blue Stars and SCV seem to be in thier own little battle.

I just hope for all that is just and right that IF and only IF the Blue Stars continue to progress, clean, and refine thier program that they will reap the rewards in HONEST placement come finals. I said very early in the season that I feel that the Blue Stars have the makings of a 6th or 7th place corps this year and have been very critical of them at times.

Yes, SCV is putting out quite a difficult production with their Bartok show; but last night, the Blue Stars have shown that they are ready to take them on and should have been rewarded in placement.

Edited by shortn'sour