Carolina Crown getting a little sloppy...

Chop, slice or dice it any way you want, that showing was Mickey Mouse!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, that's not what I prefer to see a world class corps do in a parade, but that's my preference. I can understand the appeal of the more relaxed approach. Somehow though, I don't see this being the undoing of the Crown organization.

The way some people are reacting to this, you'd think Crown posted a powerpoint without using spell-check first.

My 2 cents:

I run one of the bigger July 4th parades in the country. Over the past few years, participating corps have included Phantom Regiment, Bluecoats, Cascades, Mandarins, Academy, Pacific Crest and many others.

At times, I will see a corps stop, cut loose and blast the crowd at standstill. I'm fine with that. In fact, I would ENCOURAGE that -- the crowd loves to hear horns play, rather than march along to a cadence.

On the other hand, I can't say that I've ever seen a corps "march" as lackadaisically as Crown did in that short video, especially the guard. I have no idea what the context was (for example, maybe they were at the end of the route?). I agree with the OP that it looked sloppy and not particularly professional. And if a corps that I was paying big bucks did that in the heart of our parade route, in front of our sponsors and VIPs, I would not be happy, and that group probably would not be invited back.

We can bring in a high school band to look mediocre -- we pay corps to bring a big sound and professional look.

Again, just my 2 cents.

You've come a long way baby!

So what happens IF another corps (for example BD) did this same exact thing with a parade, would there be this much backlash...

Honestly people, its a parade, not a DCI compeition, unless there were green shirts hidden in the crowd i didn't see

Edited by ohwiseone

...it's post like these that make me HATE the "I marched back in 1910 and we did it THIS way, so if you want me to like you, or buy your stuff, it has to be THIS certain way"

I'll just say it, the youth of the activity is getting pretty fed up with it.

Don't like us, we don't care!!!!!!

We're not out there sweating our butts off for EVERYONE to like us! We're out there because WE have pride in what we're doing. We're out there because we're PROUD of ourselves, and maybe what we're doing we think is the way it SHOULD be done. NOT what you think, NOT what you did back when you march, but what we're doing NOW.

Like it or dont, pay to see it or dont.

Golden Rule: If you can't say anything nice...then SHUT THE F&@# UP.

:) God Bless You Everyone.

Edited by TexasCorpsFan

...it's post like these that make me HATE the "I marched back in 1910 and we did it THIS way, so if you want me to like you, or buy your stuff, it has to be THIS certain way"

I'll just say it, the youth of the activity is getting pretty fed up with it.

Don't like us, we don't care!!!!!!

We're not out there sweating our butts off for EVERYONE to like us! We're out there because WE have pride in what we're doing. We're out there because we're PROUD of ourselves, and maybe what we're doing we think is the way it SHOULD be done. NOT what you think, NOT what you did back when you march, but what we're doing NOW.

Like it or dont, pay to see it or dont.

Gold Rule: If you can't say anything nice...then SHUT THE F&@# UP.

:) God Bless You Everyone.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.