Drums Along the Rockies

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I enjoy coming on here late at night when all of the east coast has gone to bed just to argue with BD fans and supporters! It makes my day! ;-P

I just wanna let ya'll know....I was pulling for ya in 06....and really thought you had a pretty good show in 08 even though I cheered when PR won.

I think BD should do the 2000 show again.....that show any other year would have won it all.

A better corps than yours. Is that enough?

That narrows it down, but if I specifically knew, than i could drag out some meaningless point that doesn't contribute to this conversation nor have any relevance to the knowledge either of us have on the activity and parade it in front of the readers to make a snarky point. .....but to each his own.

For the record, I enjoy coming on here late at night when all of the east coast has gone to bed just to argue with BD fans and supporters! It makes my day! ;-P

I just wanna let ya'll know....I was pulling for ya in 06....and really thought you had a pretty good show in 08 even though I cheered when PR won.

I think BD should do the 2000 show again.....that show any other year would have won it all.

Not a BD fanboy, just someone that realizes that demand is not something that fans can easily calculate. You think the show was easy? Pick up the horn yourself and then we can talk.

Just for DCI's information:

I've watched The Cadets opener like 20 times vs. the 2 or 3 I could grind out of BD's .

anybody that has watched a Corps opener " like 20 times " by July 11th, needs to put away the remote control. The thought of watching Geoffrey from the Cadets " 20 times " by July 11th, just creeps me out. That's about 17 times too many, in my book.

Edited by BRASSO

A better corps than yours. Is that enough?

wow.

As someone who marched a couple of years of corps, if you can't recognize the demand and difficulty that went into BD's show last year, you are either borderline ######## or just one of those people that marches multiple years of corps but doesn't recognize that demand goes beyond how high the tempos are (which, FYI, BD marched at a faster tempo than anyone in DCI in 2009 - 236) and how hard you want to make the drill look. Synchronicity is difficult, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that since the corps you marched never actually got clean.

You can't synchronize drill with music when your brass doesn't play for 4 minutes straight. It's just "choreography" . Then when they play, they have a seat.....like my high school band kids do everyday in class.

BD does what they do well, but I'm not drinking the blue kool-aid.

Honestly I thought Cadets had the hardest show last year which is why they finished 3rd...they couldn't get it clean in time.

Not a BD fanboy, just someone that realizes that demand is not something that fans can easily calculate. You think the show was easy? Pick up the horn yourself and then we can talk.

Dude I have a music degree, I'm pretty sure I can appreciate the difficulty of what BD plays. They play VERY well. ....<sigh> which leads me back to my original point... WHY DIDN'T THEY?

Okay. I want to apologize for my indiscretion at Finals in 2009. There were things that happened to me, personally, that night that I will not go into that put me in an emotional state of mind and I took it out on the wrong people. I am sorry. It had nothing to do with Blue Devils, as a whole.

So, with this apology, can we please forget that I did that and move past it? I admit that I was wrong, but there is more to the story that I know would make you all realize why I did it and not think I'm some immature teenager mentally who was just booing because his corps didn't win.

DCP forums....home of the worst sore losers in the world...

DCP forums...home of the worst poor winners in the world...