Drums Along the Rockies

I was not booing the kids and if you'd paid attention to my post at all you would see that I actually really enjoyed the show ... musically. I was merely booing the score that the judges gave them. There is a difference. I respect anyone who has the ability to march drum corps ... members of Blue Devils included.

Were you also holding a helpful sign up for the kids that said "I AM NOT BOOING YOU, OH CHILDREN OF THE BLUE DEVILS. I AM, INSTEAD, BOOING THE SCORE THE JUDGES GAVE YOU. PLEASE TAKE NO OFFENSE."

Cause, you know, otherwise they probably didn't know the difference.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree fully! I was there ... I heard them ... I was one of the people booing ... and the boo's were loud. I wasn't booing the corps, but the score. It was ridiculous that they scored a 99.05 with a Visual score of 29.95. Blue Devils did not deserve that score last year. And, before you call me a Crown honk, I don't mean this because I feel Crown should've won. Points should have been taken away for the fact that for about 3 minutes of the show, they were standing or sitting and doing "body" (if you can to call it that) that any average person could sit down and do in their free time and it would only take them 5 minutes to learn it. Points should not be given for that. However, it seems to me that, lately, the Blue Devils can do no wrong. I bet they could go out on the field and perform the dirtiest show on record full of musical fail and dirty drill and the judges would give them a perfect score! Go back and watch the DVD's from last year. You'll see more than .05 worth of dirt in the visual aspect of that show. I even heard a rumor that the visual judge turned in his sheet before BD was done performing. Granted, that's only a rumor from someone who told me their friend's dad saw the judge do it. So, who know's if it's true.

BD marched better at finals than pretty much any corps I've ever seen live ever. I left the show and told my friends I would be ###### if they didn't get a perfect 20 in vs. performance. Frankly, I think you're crazy. Yowza, yowza, yowza.

if the fans were able to select the champion this year, I'd venture to say they'd have a pretty good chance at taking that top spot.

I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I like the Cavs show this year. But it wouldn' t even beat the Madison Scouts as their " favorite show " if all fans were polled from coast to coast. You need to replace those rose colored Cavaliers glasses of yours, as they're not protecting you from the ultra violet rays.

Edited by BRASSO

I was not booing the kids and if you'd paid attention to my post at all you would see that I actually really enjoyed the show ... musically. I was merely booing the score that the judges gave them. There is a difference. I respect anyone who has the ability to march drum corps ... members of Blue Devils included.

Yep. Because when the fans (and all the kids on the field) hear "BOOOO" what they actually hear is "I politely disagree with the adjudication of this competitive event, although I value the hard work that each and every one of you have put into your show!".

Not.

Booing is out of line. Always. Period.

Edited by MagicBobert

I have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the Blue Devils and it's really not fair. It all stems from 2008 when the Regiment won championships. What is the song they play after all the scores are read? Well, whatever it is Blue Devils were obviously ###### and were hitting wrong notes, loudly, left and right. In all fairness this probably was just a few jack offs that couldn't take it. But I really lost respect for the organization that day.

I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I like the Cavs show this year. But it wouldn' t even beat the Madison Scouts as their " favorite show " if all fans were polled from coast to coast. You need to take off those rose colored Cavaliers glasses of yours, as they're not protecting you from the ultra violet rays.

Can't say I really disagree (with the first part). I think the Scouts would have a good shot at it, as well.

As for the last part, not a Cavaliers homer by any means. I haven't really cared for most of their recent offerings, but I think I can recognize when people around me at shows I attend are certainly into what they're doing. If you want to call that wearing "rose colored Cavaliers glasses," then so be it, hah.

Edited by dcsnare93

And just how were those kids suppose to know that? No excuse...period! I couldn't even imagine booing one of your crown kids, besides being a big fan since I saw them in Pasadena 07...they're just a class corps. But you're actions don't represent them well......as a matter of fact, next time you see them..find a couple crown member and tell them what you did at LOS...my guess is they'll be equally as disgusted as me!

I was not booing the kids and if you'd paid attention to my post at all you would see that I actually really enjoyed the show ... musically. I was merely booing the score that the judges gave them. There is a difference. I fully respect anyone who has the ability to march drum corps ... members of Blue Devils included.

Some would classify me as a BD hater for the last 3 years. They might be right.

But booing is never ever ever ever ever ever OK. EVER.

EVER.

EVER!!!!

But cheering Boo-urns is always acceptable.

I was not booing the kids and if you'd paid attention to my post at all you would see that I actually really enjoyed the show ... musically. I was merely booing the score that the judges gave them. There is a difference. I fully respect anyone who has the ability to march drum corps ... members of Blue Devils included.

DP.

Edited by megadrive

And just how were those kids suppose to know that? No excuse...period! I couldn't even imagine booing one of your crown kids, besides being a big fan since I saw them in Pasadena 07...they're just a class corps. But you're actions don't represent them well......as a matter of fact, next time you see them..find a couple crown member and tell them what you did at LOS...my guess is they'll be equally as disgusted as me!

You make some great points, man, couldn't agree more- u ever think of writing some reviews?