Drums Along the Rockies

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe BD's perform better than CADETS but a point in GE Visual? I know its early in the season and things can shift quickly but that spread is really

hard to digest and I have been around the activity for many years. The funny thing is, Im really upset and the CADETS are probably just like, we need

to practice alot more! lol. Just didn't see it tonight, thought they were tenths apart one way or the other.

Please understand I do not underestimate the excellence of the show. As easy, boring, disjunct, unappealing it may be, they perform it well. But a corps that is performing just as well, with a harder show, and a better understanding of general effect should be awarded the higher placement.

However, the Blue Devils winning tonight would not have been an issue, if it were close, because 99 percent of the drum corps community tonight will agree, that the Blue Devils did not deserve to almost win by 3 points.

So celebrate, please and enjoy, that is what it is all about. While the rest of us regroup and wonder what happened to common sense in judging.

well said! :)

One last thing before nighty night . Great job Blue Knight's you were awsome ! :smile::cool:

A couple more? Hardly. Of course they're clean every year. But how could a corps not be clean when a majority of the visual program has consistently been nothing but boxes, straight lines, and running randomly from set to set (unless of course, if they're camping out on chairs) every single year? I've said it for twenty years now, I'd like to see if they could play as well as they do now if they were given a drill comparable to the Cadets, Cavies or Crown. The score they received tonight was a joke.

Wow, the venom and pent up anger.....omg LOL

G

They are getting 9.0s in subcaptions on JULY 10th! ....and all this while going on 4th from last. I mean what would have happened if Cadets came out and smoked their #####? The judges would have had to put up ridiculous numbers. This is BAD numbers management by the DCI judging community. But as I look at the judging list....its the same old folks every year.

At least when the judges put Bluecoats above Crown last night it was a newer crop of judges whom I didn't recognize.....Judges that aren't afraid to call it the way they see it. I gotta respect them for that.