Drums Along the Rockies

Vast majority ????

Oh, this is funnier than Seinfeld in its heydey !

G

Like Kramer making salad while he bathes.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different Shows, different panels, blah, blah, blah...

1. Blue Devils - 88

2. Carolina Crown - 86.35

3. Bluecoats - 86.25

4. Cavaliers - 85.8

5. Cadets - 85.7

6. Phantom Regiment - 83.8

7. Vanguard - 83.5

8. Blue Knights - 82.4

9. Boston Crusaders - 81.25

10. Blue Stars - 79.9

11. Madison Scouts - 78.6

12. Glassmen - 77.65

Lance I hate your avatar...it looks like one of BD's blob sets.

I just don't understand why things can't be done correctly. It's OBVIOUS (to everyone) that the show didn't deserve it... so how do the judges not see that? I mean if you can't even understand a show, that in itself is a problem.... I guess I'm more irritated at the principal of the matter. This basically means that BD (currently) is well over Cadets, Crown, BC, & Cavs... sorry, but that's just not true. Judges can award whatever they choose, but I would rather LOSE if that show is what the definition of winning is.

Good grief. Get a grip. There is no judges conspiracy here with the Blue Devils.

They are the best in DCI. Any judging panel. Small.... large...any combination. They win. Deal with it.

Again, Congratulations to the Blue Devils tonite. For 2 years now, you've been in your own group, pretty much competing against yourself for excellence by pushing yourselves to new heights.

88... wow. Fantastic !

Edited by BRASSO

That score was way too high, you can say you agree or disagree - but the vast majority can clearly see that is ridiculous.

That's the point....who is the vast majority..and who counts them...by what reason can you say that...8 posters on this thread?

Michael, you aren't helping the situation, unless your entire purpose is stoking the flames.

Also, don't say "goodnight" if you aren't actually going to let it drop. You seem to want people to not hate BD, which is admirable, but your responses do nothing but intensify the anger from the very people spewing it.

I neither love, nor hate BD. I haven't had a horse in the race since Cap Reg went down. But you're better than this.

Please understand I do not underestimate the excellence of the show. As easy, boring, disjunct, unappealing it may be, they perform it well. But a corps that is performing just as well, with a harder show, and a better understanding of general effect should be awarded the higher placement.

However, the Blue Devils winning tonight would not have been an issue, if it were close, because 99 percent of the drum corps community tonight will agree, that the Blue Devils did not deserve to almost win by 3 points.

So celebrate, please and enjoy, that is what it is all about. While the rest of us regroup and wonder what happened to common sense in judging.

just as well, with a harder show, and a better understanding of General effect ???

Says who...you ?? Good, opinion noted, its different from mine, but noted. Doesnt meanyou are right...far from it. Its easy to see by the performances and score, you are not

G

So what do people think about the placements/spread between SCV and BK? (No Fan Network this year)

SCV had good show tonight as did BK. It will be interesting to see how the score changes when BK is not on last after BD and Cadets. Though I gotta give the Knights Credit, they hold their own #### well against the big boys. I feel that BK needs a bit more flash in the drill in early-mid part of the closer. Have a feeling we'll see a bit more added as we go. SCV has a choppy show that while good, just doesn't seem to flow well. I feel BK and SCV will duke it out all season long and the spread will close/placement flip flop more in the coming weeks.

Wes P

BK '97 '98