Will BD go undefeated all season?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I am really looking forward to seeing BD's show this year! but in my opinion all the corps are too strong this year cavies could pass them up! Cavies really brought there score up and I am very pleased with that. Does this mean that BD doesn't have a shot? No they got a pretty good shot at it. Good luck to'em all!

I suggest you wait until you see BD "live" before you make any decisions! Now you're always going to want the Cavies and they're excellent along with the other two C's and the other blue...just wait.

I suggest you wait until you see BD "live" before you make any decisions! Now you're always going to want the Cavies and they're excellent along with the other two C's and the other blue...just wait.

Personally, this is the first BD show that the visual trumps their music. And by a lot. I cannot get into their arrangements at all.

Will BD go undefeated all season long in head to head match ups?

My prediction is YES :thumbup::worthy: :worthy: :cool:

I sure hope not. This is my least favorite Bllue Devils show ever. I cannot begin to tell you how much I despise this show. Before you go jumping down my throat for "bashing the kids", just know that I fully recognize how totally awesome the Blue Devils are as a corps. I just absolutely hate their musical program with every fiber of my being. No, I'm not exaggerating. They will probably win too, that's the sad part. The "intellectually minded" judges will say, "Wow, that is really out there, it MUST be art..." It's not art, it's just a bunch of random noise to me (other than the very small snippets of La Suerte de los tontos they play.) :smile:

/end rant

Edited by Cardman

It's not art, it's just a bunch of random noise to me

Most important words in that whole paragraph.

I was wrong on that one tonight - wow. Go BD.

I gotta agree with Cardman on his assessment of their arrangements. I heard BD, Vanguard, Cadets and BK live in Denver tonight. Vanguard threw down some of the best horn playing I've ever heard and the arranging is nothing short of brilliant. Cadets played some super-tricky stuff and did it pretty well. BK had a nicely arranged show and played fully-developed musical charts. All three of those corps played charts that were very faithful to the original compositions, and more importantly they MADE MUSIC. Devils did not, and HAVE not for a few seasons. They play notes, they play rhythms, but they don't MAKE MUSIC. And honestly, watching them perform, it's hard to feel like there's any real JOY in what they're doing. That's what aggravates me, and it should aggravate anybody who's a musician and goes to a show expecting to hear music instead of notes. It doesn't take a 20-time champion brass arranger (or however many times Downey's won the Ott trophy) to figure this out...

I say this weekend, surprisingly, the Bluecoats will come out with the top score, the Cadets will beat the Blue Devils.

You were saying?

Teasing.

What a great run for BD and in a big way.

The Visual program this year offsets the music. I love the visual package and its only July. I cannot imagine what this is going to look and sound like by finals but its gonna be one for the record books. Right up there with Madison 76, Cavies 04, Phantom 08 and Crown 09.

No--The blue devils will go wire to wire until quarterfinals,

They will end up third. They are being set up for the fall right now. Just like Star '92.