Will BD go undefeated all season?

What about BD 1994 + 1995 til finals week?

49, per corpsreps.com. Neither year lists as many performances as The Cavaliers had in 2002 or 2003, which is why their streak is so much longer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By a combination of corpsreps.com and bknights.org, I count 64 straight victories for the Cavaliers from 2001 to 2003. The Blue Devils only competed 26 times in 2009, and with 2010 scores they're now at 32. Halfway there.

Thanks....I THOUGHT it was Cavies, but couldn't remember the years.

'Course, there's Buc's 5-peat with no defeats in DCA....how many shows is THAT?

Honestly I am really looking forward to seeing BD's show this year! but in my opinion all the corps are too strong this year cavies could pass them up! Cavies really brought there score up and I am very pleased with that. Does this mean that BD doesn't have a shot? No they got a pretty good shot at it. Good luck to'em all!

There are three corps that have the potential to end BDs streak, and I hope that it ends tonight!

Ok peeps. Let me preface this by saying i LOVE the Blue Devils show this year, even more than last year.

Musically, yes they're still doing the non-melodic stick-and-move, but Jay Murphy's visual eye is wicked. The way he has the corps performing as ONE unit, not a caption here and there - but blended and mixed together with a creative use of props, and using these elements to take an intangible, inaccessible concept and make it exciting - that's genius.

The kids take this show and make it happen with confidence, swagger and a sense of ease. Very few corps can do this without looking like they're in an MMA fight. They make their show look as easy as checking the mail, when it is actually one of the most challenging shows out there.

Despite this, I feel the Cadets accomplish the most of the same, even though their concept is quite easy to understand. The technical difficulty is higher, but emotionally easier to convey to the audience. The show just oozes GE. It's so much fun, and looks not just easy - but fun to perform. I think the idea of a kid character using drum corps as his plaything is just brilliant gest on the part of Hop. Many of us, as fans, are guilty of that sometimes, myself included. This is what draws me into their show.

I say the Bluecoats are executing their program better than any corps marching, and if you gave the trophy based on skill alone - it's theirs. I doubt anyone will touch their percussion section this year. So what will judges value most? Ensemble mastery? GE excellence? Or individual superiority?

I say this weekend, surprisingly, the Bluecoats will come out with the top score, the Cadets will beat the Blue Devils.

By finals, it will be anyone's shooting match and they all will have their opportunity.

Crown may sneak into second, but I'm not sure how they will grow from here. I'm not one to say because the corps are SO GOOD this year.

I can't predict a finals winner, and none of you really can either. If you get it right, it's a lucky guess.

Ok peeps. Let me preface this by saying i LOVE the Blue Devils show this year, even more than last year.

Musically, yes they're still doing the non-melodic stick-and-move, but Jay Murphy's visual eye is wicked. The way he has the corps performing as ONE unit, not a caption here and there - but blended and mixed together with a creative use of props, and using these elements to take an intangible, inaccessible concept and make it exciting - that's genius.

The kids take this show and make it happen with confidence, swagger and a sense of ease. Very few corps can do this without looking like they're in an MMA fight. They make their show look as easy as checking the mail, when it is actually one of the most challenging shows out there.

Despite this, I feel the Cadets accomplish the most of the same, even though their concept is quite easy to understand. The technical difficulty is higher, but emotionally easier to convey to the audience. The show just oozes GE. It's so much fun, and looks not just easy - but fun to perform. I think the idea of a kid character using drum corps as his plaything is just brilliant gest on the part of Hop. Many of us, as fans, are guilty of that sometimes, myself included. This is what draws me into their show.

I say the Bluecoats are executing their program better than any corps marching, and if you gave the trophy based on skill alone - it's theirs. I doubt anyone will touch their percussion section this year. So what will judges value most? Ensemble mastery? GE excellence? Or individual superiority?

I say this weekend, surprisingly, the Bluecoats will come out with the top score, the Cadets will beat the Blue Devils.

By finals, it will be anyone's shooting match and they all will have their opportunity.

Crown may sneak into second, but I'm not sure how they will grow from here. I'm not one to say because the corps are SO GOOD this year.

I can't predict a finals winner, and none of you really can either. If you get it right, it's a lucky guess.

Excellent post.

It's hard to say. It's not like football or basketball where you only face one team at a time. In Drum Corps you have to take on multiple opponents all at once, which makes going undefeated much more difficult. But who knows. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.