The Minneapolis Mash-Up

Man, that sucks that this show got rained out. DCI's gotta have major egg on their face, even though it's beyond their control and they've already got the fans' money.

Makes you wonder how long it is until everybody just says "hell with it" and moves shows into Arena-bowl size venues.

To paraphrase Dorothy..... "There's no place like dome"

Boo posted this link to show the kind of weather they're dealing with. Not pretty! Weather radar

I'd be interested in learning if there were any future tornado warnings from thunder bolts inside the Corps Directors meeting out in Minneapolis that took place out there. What went on inside that meeting could have more bearing on the future of competitive DCI than anything that might have taken place in that stadium tonite.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm very disappointed. I understand how these things happen, but I must apologize to everyone in drum corpville. It is my fault. It seems over the past couple of years that nearly every show I go to (unless it's in a dome) gets rained out.

In all seriousness, this is beginning to affect my thinking about attending future shows as much as any other single factor (including electric guitars--guh!). I paid nearly $1,000 to attend this show with my family and I've spent large sums, traveled great distances, stayed in numerous hotels only to go home disappointed.

With no refunds (spare me all the reasons why I don't deserve one), I am either not going in the future, or will go to some nearby shows and purchase my tickets at the gate.

You're not the only one with that kind of superstition. I can't watch sports games, because whenever I do, the team I root for always loses. Always happens, without fail. Though, one time, I did use that to my advantage. I'm not a Colts fan, but I did decide to root for them this past Super Bowl. Ladies and gentlemen, THAT'S why the Saints won! It was all me!

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

From Twitter:

DCI_Tour: Check out Michael Boo's live blog from DCI Minnesota. He's typing as fast as he can to bring you his thoughts and... http://fb.me/x5BWjjli

This is mainly for those of us not at the show and don't subscribe to Fan Network....we get to see the innerworkings of Mike Boo's mind as he watches a regional live. Scary :ph34r:

You think THAT is scary? I've got to live with the guy!

You think THAT is scary? I've got to live with the guy!

I love how you refer to yourself in the "second-person" sometimes. Makes me feel like I don't really know Mike Boo... or him.

Edited by GGarrett

If tonight's events cause DCI to move all future big time shows to domes, then cancelling the show wasn't the only tragedy that will have happened tonight.