Why Blue Devils Win

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Every "fan" who boo-ed IS wrong.

Benchmark's "whole-stadium" survey doesn't lie, right?

Booing against a winning corps (well, any corps unless they did something offensive) = stupid.

Quit buying tickets. Stay at home, or go watch Opera.

I assumed they were all Bluuuuuing, and were just confused

simps_boourns.jpg

I was saying boo-urns

What's not to understand?!

THE. SHOW. DOES. NOT. HAVE. TO. BE. ENJOYABLE. TO. WIN.

Seriously, entertainment really isn't part of GE. It just matters if they played better and marched cleaner. And they did.

Sorry if you didn't see that, but anyone who saw them live last year with two functional ears and eyes saw it clearly.

And the people who booed were wrong. They were classless idiots.

So you are telling me that when all you "idiots" were trashing The Cadets a few years back (naration)booing at shows! (A Lot of BD Fans on here! ) Your saying you're idots too and classless for booing them! Right? That's how I took it! Last year I think they (BD) should have won! I might even agree that they should have won last night, but the score makes DCI look like idiots! They hold everyones score back the past week and wham...BD move up almost 4 points from the last show. Incredible! Drum Corps fans are smart! They booed for a reason! It was at DCI , not the kids! That is the difference....Classless would be booing any corps at the end of thier show.....

So you are telling me that when all you "idiots" were trashing The Cadets a few years back (naration)booing at shows! (A Lot of BD Fans on here! ) Your saying you're idots too and classless for booing them!

Yes....because I did not boo....not at the 3 shows I saw them at (Stanford, Prelims, and Finals). I sat on my hands a few times and did not rise for a standing O....but I did not boo.

But thanks for playing and assuming that you know my actions re Cadets 07.

Again, not only do a lot of fans also like the show, but "personal taste" isn't a caption on the sheets. Effective and innovative visual & musical content and execution are and like BD or not you can't deny that their show has those requirements in spades. Anyone who thinks Cadets were cleaner than Blue Devils in Denver is either wrong, blind/deaf, or letting personal bias cloud their judgement. And for what it's worth, I think Cadets are WAY more entertaining, and I like their show more than any of their shows in a long time. But Cadets are pretty far apart from BD in show design/effectiveness (especially visually) as well as execution and wether you or others personally like the show or not is irrelevant to competitive evaluation.

Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp? The cleanest corps with the best show design wins, regardless of audience appeal.

I understand that! Makes perfect sence.....the spead still was way to big! BD picked up 3.5 points from their last show.....Everyone else has been a tenth here or there the past week(s). Besides I like getting all you guys fired up! LOL

The crowds booed Blue Devils last night? What the hell is wrong with people?!

They booed the scores!

They booed the scores!

It would have been better to watch the world cup with the refs they have .....kinda makes you feel the same way.