Congratulations - We did it!

Congrats to all the above corps!

Since this contest was based on vote getting for non-profits, I don't believe there was anything barring open class corps from contending, as long as they had the appropriate tax status........

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is great news indeed.

and to make this dcp appropriate...

I IZ SOOO GLAD TEH BLUE DEVILS DIDN'T GET ANY $M$O$N$E$Y$!!1!!!!111ONE!!!

LOL...well, since you brought it up, since BD's 2009 990 declared $5,000,000 income, which comes out to $13,000 per DAY, no...they probably didn't need this money.....but the rest of the corps will put it to great use, I am sure! :rolleyes:

Great work all involved!! :tongue::thumbup::tongue:

Sidenote: just wondering where Chase is getting the money to give away

Beijing.

The blood of the peasant class is the ink. The paper used for the currency is shredded home mortgages.

The blood of the peasant class is the ink. The paper used for the currency is shredded home mortgages.

Chase is not ( was not ) in the Home Loan racketeering business. They do some home loans... but's it's not their primary business at all. They fous on the commercial lines of business more, not so much on the personal lines of investment capital.... credit card business, being one of the notable exceptions.

Edited by BRASSO

Chase is not ( was not ) in the Home Loan racketeering business. They do some home loans... but's it's not their primary business at all.

Chase holds my note. Congrats to all receiving corps and thanks to the DC community for all their help.

Congratulations to all corps.....thats great !

Just out of curiousity,I kind of wondered how a Drum Corps qualifies as a Charity. Non- profit maybe but a Charity? Drum Corps don't give away a service to the community. Most don't even belong to a community anymore. Also to belong costs a fortune.

Don't get me wrong I think it's great but was just wondering how it worked. Maybe someone knowing more than me can answer.