Congratulations - We did it!

I willing to bet that the Open Class corps that were in the running had all the right things in line to receive the 20K. Oregon Crusaders did, and we heavily campaigned on FB and spread the word around, but only received around 350 votes. Bummer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers, Crown, and PR already won $25k the first time around with Chase's promotion last winter, and weren't eligible for the summer version. .

Colts won last year too.

this is great news indeed.

and to make this dcp appropriate...

I IZ SOOO GLAD TEH BLUE DEVILS DIDN'T GET ANY $M$O$N$E$Y$!!1!!!!111ONE!!!

Yes, because we all hate the Blue Devils here. :thumbup:

I don't believe in bail outs. I'm happy that some corps got some money, but I think if you are smart in your business, you shouldn't need a "bail out" and if you do, you deserve to fail. Again, I am happy for the corps. I think it is awesome that they got some money.

I just despise Chase as I do all credit card companies. No, I don't have any credit cards with Chase (or anyone else for that matter.) I am on the Dave Ramsey total money makeover system and have been for a few years now. Having no debt is a great feeling. I haven't owned a credit card in more than 8 years. You don't need one for anything. No, you don't need one to rent a car or hotel room. No, it doesn't "hurt" your credit to not use a credit card. You just don't have a credit score after a while. Hasn't affected me in a bad way whatsoever. Back on topic, I can't help but think there has to be some motivation behind Chase's charitable giving like trying to entice all the young people in the activity to get a Chase credit card. Hmm...I could be wrong and if I am then good for Chase.

We have thousands who contribute to Drum Corps and it is a charity from a giving perspective. Every charity has expenses and revenues and I believe Drum Corps is a good cause.

At the Bristol show, the announcer - Paul Cain mentioned that it is all to often that we read about the terrible things that some youth get involved with, but rare that we read about what our "Drum Corps" kids do.

Our kids can make a choice and the ones that choose Drum Corps make a great one!

We may have our differences of beliefs on the state of the activity but one thing remains constant - our kids are involved with a positive and fulfilling experience.

We are not trying to cure something but help sustain a positive character building experience.

Well said and congratulations to ALL the corps that make a difference in young peoples lives. The drum corps experience sure made a difference in mine! :thumbup:

triple post

Edited by Liahona

double post

Edited by Liahona

Yes, because we all hate the Blue Devils here. :thumbup:

I don't believe in bail outs. I'm happy that some corps got some money, but I think if you are smart in your business, you shouldn't need a "bail out" and if you do, you deserve to fail. Again, I am happy for the corps. I think it is awesome that they got some money.

I just despise Chase as I do all credit card companies. No, I don't have any credit cards with Chase (or anyone else for that matter.) I am on the Dave Ramsey total money makeover system and have been for a few years now. Having no debt is a great feeling. I haven't owned a credit card in more than 8 years. You don't need one for anything. No, you don't need one to rent a car or hotel room. No, it doesn't "hurt" your credit to not use a credit card. You just don't have a credit score after a while. Hasn't affected me in a bad way whatsoever. Back on topic, I can't help but think there has to be some motivation behind Chase's charitable giving like trying to entice all the young people in the activity to get a Chase credit card. Hmm...I could be wrong and if I am then good for Chase.

you do know you can have a credit card and the benefits it affords and still not have any debt, right. It is a simple matter of not spending past your means. I use my credit card all the time and earn reward points which I can use for purchasing items or for airfare, but here's the secret. I pay the card total balance each month so I never incur any interest charges and I carry no debt on the card. And since the card has no annual fee it costs me nothing for the convenience and I still receive all the benefits.

Credit cards are not evil, using them stupidly is the problem

Edited by bluecoats88

I am on the Dave Ramsey total money makeover system and have been for a few years now. Having no debt is a great feeling. I haven't owned a credit card in more than 8 years. You don't need one for anything. No, you don't need one to rent a car or hotel room. No, it doesn't "hurt" your credit to not use a credit card. You just don't have a credit score after a while. Hasn't affected me in a bad way whatsoever. Back on topic, I can't help but think there has to be some motivation behind Chase's charitable giving like trying to entice all the young people in the activity to get a Chase credit card.

Charitable giving? Tax writeoffs for one...

And no credit card for years? Sorry to hear that man...its called paying off your balance and still reaping the rewards. Might I recommend an AMEX charge card? All the benefits, no mess.

And without getting into looooong debates, a little bit of debt is not a bad thing. (Not necessarily credit card debt, but like I said, thats a whole other conversation.)