Who will win

Excellent job to Statesmen.....guess it temporarily ends the "who's in 2nd" question. Can't wait to see what happens in Rochester.
A .35 win hardly constitutes sending a message. And this of course would be assuming that the the race for second was ONLY between Empire and MBI. The results from Lawrence indictate that it may be a little premature to kick Hurcs and Cabs to the curb, and indeed it is the Hurcs who are positioned in the second place ranking. My early pick for second place (AKA: The People's Champion) are the Cabs. First place it would seem is a bit more of a lock....

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that about a 3 hour drive from Orlando??

2.5 to be exact.....

Hey Voice...See the word TEMPORARILY? I never would kick anyone to the curb nor did I say that. Your screen name is wrong! Read what was written and read all the words please. Thank you.

quote name='VOReason' date='Jul 25 2010, 12:15 AM' post='2854476']

A .35 win hardly constitutes sending a message. And this of course would be assuming that the the race for second was ONLY between Empire and MBI. The results from Lawrence indictate that it may be a little premature to kick Hurcs and Cabs to the curb, and indeed it is the Hurcs who are positioned in the second place ranking. My early pick for second place (AKA: The People's Champion) are the Cabs. First place it would seem is a bit more of a lock....

Edited by KeithHall

Hey Voice...See the word TEMPORARILY? I never would kick anyone to the curb nor did I say that. Your screen name is wrong! Read what was written and read all the words please. Thank you.

quote name='VOReason' date='Jul 25 2010, 12:15 AM' post='2854476']

Granted, you DID say temporarily, however the results of yesterday's shows certainly did not clear up ANY questions as to who is second, other than of course in numeric ranking. In fact, the race for second is very tight if it matters. Fact is, this is not the postion any of these corps hoped to find themselves in at the end of July, with only 4 competition weekends remaining before prelims, especially with Reading 3.5 - 4 points up on the field.

An awful lot can happen for every corps in 4 weeks!

Granted, you DID say temporarily, however the results of yesterday's shows certainly did not clear up ANY questions as to who is second, other than of course in numeric ranking. In fact, the race for second is very tight if it matters. Fact is, this is not the postion any of these corps hoped to find themselves in at the end of July, with only 4 competition weekends remaining before prelims, especially with Reading 3.5 - 4 points up on the field.

Exactly!

Here is my response in the thread for Mass. scores (and the reasoning):

Actual Scores from Sat:

1. Bucs

2. Hurcs

3. ES

4. MBI

5. Cabs

But, since the corps were face-to-face the week before, the gap between Hurcs and Cabs halved, Hurcs and ES flip-floped.

So is it as above?

Or:

1. Bucs

2. Hurcs

3. Cabs

4. ES

5. MBI

Or

1. Bucs

2. ES

3. MBI

4. Hurcs

5. Cabs

Or something in between?

Regardless...........this sure is exciting, especially when you add CV performance of 2 weeks ago, Bush late season history, Renegades (so determined to make the trip that they may let the fund raising fever spread to the field)...... don't forget that Alliance topped CV earlier, Kilties seem on a mission and Kidsgrove wants to ride the International flag to the top-10.

MORE reason to love DCA (add in Class A, Mini-corps, and Alumni and you'll have DVDs and CDs to get you through another rough winter).

Joe in NJ