Media Report Concerning Former Mandarins Staff Member

ABC

Reports about other drum corps staff and directors have been allowed. I will be concerned if this is closed.

Edited by DrillmanSop06

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DFTK. This sounds like a common problem in the marching activity. Unfortunately I hear about this all the time.

I would not rush to judgment on this case just yet. Granted all I have read is a headline but the victim is now 25 years old and he is just now coming to the cops with this information.????? That sends up red flags right there and questions the credibility of the witness.

this is the biggest black eye in the activity today.

Unfortunately, this type of activity is not confined to drum corps. Any activity or group or organization with a person in a position power be it a politician, or coach or teacher or judge will take advantage of that position of power. These individuals are low in numbers but they need to be rooted out.

But innocent until proven guilty. Agreed, this is not the forum for being the judge and juror.

I thought statutory rape expired after the minor turned 21? Maybe it's just in Michigan or maybe I'm wrong, or maybe because the charges aren't quite that.

This looks shaky to me, for reasons Camel lips said and others.

Anyway it doesn't mention the Mandarins or DCI in the article at all just a high school colour guard "team".

There's no statute of limitations on these cases. If there were, the echoes coming from the Vatican vaults these days wouldn't be nearly as dramatic.

Law enforcement agencies do not move to arrest on sex crimes quickly or without serious cause for action. In situations like this, they often won't even make an arrest until they've consulted with the DA and are pretty confident in their case.

It's not uncommon for survivors to report incidents of sexual abuse years after the abuse stops, but it makes it very difficult for the police to make their case when this kind of time has passed. This factor alone would suggest that the police in this instance feel they have a very strong case.

I gave up my torch and pitchfork for lent; so I, too, will let the legal system iron this one out.

ABC

Reports about other drum corps staff and directors have been allowed. I will be concerned if this is closed.

Like the other similar threads in the past, this one will remain open as long as it remains on topic, discusses the issue/problem constructively, and does not end up a flamefest against the corps, the alleged victim, the alleged accused, et al.

- IOW, if it follows the guidelines, we're good, m'kay? :lol:

....now where did I put my Valium.......