ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

Blue Stars...better show than last year.

I see big changes if they are going to move up. The ballad could move up about four clicks in the second half of it.

Ending has to change...and I believe it will.

I like the Houdini theme...this show has much potential. Drumline was the star of this show for me.

Great show.... music and drill. Can't believe Scouts are even within 4 points of this. Not a scatter drill to be seen.

• Like 1

Love the last big drill move from Blue Stars ... really cool if you keep your eye on the battery.

Wish their hornline would play with more dynamics ... lotsa loud, and those pieces could shine so much more with more shading.

I actually was thinking they were doing an outstanding job with dynamics. The ballad had tons of mezzo playing which you rarely hear from drum corps (usually they're just fffff or p).

Do the Blue Stars sound amazing? Yeah, March great? Yeah? Sell that theme? Not so much.... Even the music which shows off a very powerful hornline is only doing that. They don't have a "Wow" moment because it's loud and louder. I think they are awesome, but the vehicle they're playing and marching does not sell Houdini in my opinion. there are a few nice gimmicks but the whole show is FFFFF. It makes me feel that Houdini was in some sort of a Rage or Psycho or something. Sorry, they're a great corps, this is just not a great show. May or may not score well in the end, but they will not be remembered after this year!!

Sooo so much cleaner...but, still "Nixon in China" is my favorite moment of 2010 DCI, but also my least...too dirty.