ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

Just a few random thoughts:

PR: Loved their show tonight. I'm often lukewarm with them, despite their obvious talent, but I really liked them tonight.

Cadets: Typically good horns and marching, but I find a lot of the show just too ......... cutesy for me.

Cavies: One of the two best (visually) shows of the evening. But, I just find "Smile" to be .....out of place .. it just doesn't fit right with the rest of the show for me.

BD: Visually the most interesting thing I have seen on the field in ages. I'm OK with the music, but would be thrilled if when they go into the big arch near the end they would suddenly pound me for 30 secsonds with a melody line that suddenly brings order out of the musical "chaos", before the closing.

Very very interesting season.

Stand by.......it's coming!!! :thumbup:

The LARGE majority don't get "the spread" either.

Also indicated by the FN comments.

I wouldn't use the Fan Network comments as an indicator of what the majority think. Those are the folks with Facebook pages (I'm one of them). I don't think every comment is being shown in the feed; it says that it's a sampling of the comments being posted. So it's hard to pinpoint with any kind of certainty what the majority opinion is.

Every year that I've been a part of drum corps, either as a participant or a spectator, there has been disagreement -- most of it vehement -- about who "should have" won. It was true for BD back in the day, when some folks felt they weren't exciting enough. But that didn't stop them from winning. So just because people don't understand why BD is winning the way they are doesn't mean they shouldn't be; there is often a huge divide between scores the judges assign, based on the criteria on their judging sheets, and what the audience likes. Nothing new here.

Edited by byline

HA! Tell that to the guy I was replying to. He said it. :thumbup:

I just think the Cadets can kill off Jeffery and get extra GE points... :doh:

and it only gets better going EAST :thumbup:

So true..

........anyway, it dontmnatter what any of us think, our feelings count...to us but that has no bearing on how well BD performs and is scored.

G

Bingo.

I think what we all have to realize when it comes to the scoring is we're not on the field. We can't see EVERYTHING that's going on on the field. I'm not necessarily saying that the judges are always right in their scoring, but I think they have a much better view of things sometimes than we do.

We have a winner!!!

Just a few random thoughts:

BD: Visually the most interesting thing I have seen on the field in ages. I'm OK with the music, but would be thrilled if when they go into the big arch near the end they would suddenly pound me for 30 secsonds with a melody line that suddenly brings order out of the musical "chaos", before the closing.

Very very interesting season.

I think this is exactly what I find myself wanting from this show. Just a slam dunk ending. Maybe they'll provide us one by finals?? :)

It's not just DCP posters. We can assume everybody on here that has Fan Network has workable eyes and ears.

Those who watched the Blue Devils show performance, particularly the encore performance, saw and heard the Texas crowd's response when the Blue Devils finished.

The Blue Devils won by a considerable margin. They are now 39-0.

And yet when the Blue Devils played their last note in that Houston stadium tonite, the applause was like what the Junior High students give on their first day of school when the Assistant Principal introduces the students in the audtorium to the newly hired school custodian.

a yawn.. a polite 2 seconds of putting the palms together

That was what we all heard tonite.

This is how we treat our CHAMPIONS? This is how we GREET OUR KING? I'm not saying they aren't maxing out the sheets....i'm just saying that maybe they don't have the best product on the field and that the sheets are causing the problems.

It's beyond me how any of you can make any kind of conclusion about a show from a video. You are essentially saying that the DCI cameraman is going to give you the best view of a show that took 9 months to design? C'mon...

Go see it live, make your own conclusions with your own eyes and ears and don't be "that guy". I know we won't all be able to see them live and I understand the frustration, but for heaven's sakes don't bash it if you are at home watching it on Netflix!!

All the members (of all the corps) deserve better than what some of you guys give them on here...

Actually it's done everyday. We make conclusions by videos all the time. There are some things you can see and hear from videos.

Just throwin it out there. :thumbup:

It's not just DCP posters. We can assume everybody on here that has Fan Network has workable eyes and ears.

And yet when the Blue Devils played their last note in that Houston stadium tonite, the applause was like what the Junior High students give on their first day of school when the Assistant Principal introduces the students in the audtorium to the newly hired school custodian.

Hmmmmm.......... true, no wild ovation, but this description is a bit of an exaggeration.

For what its worth there's a group of DCI judges gathered in the lounge at my hotel. The drink is flowing.....

I just think the Cadets can kill off Jeffery and get extra GE points... :thumbup:

Okay now you're talking about traumatizing people as opposed to entertaining them lol...

Yes, this is his opinion, but you do realize there are others who agree with him. You do realize that, don't you?

He may not be speaking for every fan that's ever existed in the world, but he's not only speaking for himself on this matter. Just like the BD honks are not speaking for every fan out there either, but there are people who can agree with the honks.

Why can't he speak his opinion on the matter without being shot down every time?

How is it that I'm shooting him down? I'm not the one supposedly representing the fan body! I don't have that knowledge! Nor do you or he! And for the record I underlined none of us!