Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival Show

1 Blue Devils 95.450

2 Carolina Crown 92.900

3 Glassmen 86.150

4 Colts 83.450

5 Crossmen 79.100

6 Jersey Surf 72.500

7 Cascades 72.400

Down from a 3.1 to 2.55 spread for Crown, wonder what this means for the other folks.

Muy interesante.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the show....awesome, huge crowd, and great reactions for every corps! Lots of standing O's! Bluecoats were amazing, Cadets were incredible, Madison was great, and Sprit was definitely "on" tonight. Every corps did well, feeding off the energy of the crowd. Go Bloooooo!

Does anyone know why there are no recaps on DCI.org for tonight's two WC shows?

Very happy to see cadets take guard ge vis.

Great job tonight Bluecoats! Huge crowd and they were very supportive of all of the corps. Some great performances tonight. I felt all of the corps that were at Centerville last night (Coats, SCV, Madison, Spirit, Pioneer) were better tonight.

Finally got to see Cadets and enjoyed their show very much. Hopkins sat in front of me and was leading the cheers for his corps. I think he was very pleased with their performance and the response they got from the crowd. The show was very entertaining, but I just don't see it going any higher than 5th.

Bluecoats were AWESOME! The Massillon crowd loves their Bluuuuuuuue and I'm guessing the corps' 93.75 might be their highest score ever for their home show.

Nicely done, Cadets! Still gotta pull up those visual numbers.

I was at the show last night. Always a great crowd, maybe 8,500 or more. Very, very big crowd, and there really is NO show quite like the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame Show in greater Canton (Massillon, OH). In general, I find the crowd to be so enthusiastic, so when you are reading through the posts on this thread (much earlier) you will notice the number of standing ovations. The crowd did NOT sit on its hands.

Bluecoats were just fantastic! They are really cleaning and polishing this show, and it is extremely well coordinated. Brass was sharp, crisp, musical, and in control. Guard was great, and their drill was very very good. Seeing the new ending in person definitely felt different from seeing it on FN, and I thought it was very effective. They did not receive quite the in-show applause and standing O's that I thought they might, but in all honestly their show isn't constructed like that. It's much more about the constant motion and the assimilation of all the parts that create the one BIG whole. In particular, I thought their percussion was fantastic. They also do electronics as well, or better, than anyone. They had one mic just not work at all (Mellophone soloist on stage left (audience's right)). The mellophone soloist just turned his horn and wisely adjusted volume and played beautifully. Clearly a top 3 corps!!!

I have to agree with Kevin Gamin that the most audience reaction came from the Cadets show. The only slight cheese I notice in this show now is the end of their next-to-last segment when Jeffrey's face appears one more time with the child laughter. Otherwise, they received some excellent applause, and 2 partial in-show standing ovations and a massive full ovation at the end of the show. My friend and I both agree that they could be ready to make a classic Cadets run, but we also feel that their is TOO much to clean. I could tell they were young when I heard their brass. They play really well, but there are little things with attacks, timing, some phasing in the opener tonight, stuff like that. I have a feeling they may move up to 4th, maybe 3rd at highest, come DCI Finals. Even if they stay in 5th, the show is one entertaining show and really had the Canton audience enjoying their show tonight.

Don't have time to review the rest right now, but later today will write a full review when I finish golf with some fellow teachers at Mount Union. I'm so tired right now, and my ear's are still humming from all those powerful brass lines that I'm not sure my head will be into golf; but that's good because maybe I will not care about my horrible swing.

By the way, the Madison Scouts are REALLY cleaning now, and I LOVE the ending of their show. That got a huge ovation last night in Canton. SCV was very good, but definitely a more subtle wine and cheese, art museum kind of show. I like it, and the visuals are stunning. Guard is not their strong point, and I think the show lacks some direction. Troopers music was somewhat disappointing to me. Grover's Corners, from SCV 1984/85 was beautiful and maybe the only piece I liked, but their show lacks from direction and musical content. Kids are doing a great job. PIONEER was ON last night!! That was the BEST Pioneer I have seen in many years and they are now getting the show down and performing with confidence. Love their music! Way to go Pioneer!!!

Everyone enjoy the day!

Oh yeah, one more thing: Blue Knights also made my day! Love the first 2/3rds of their show. Just brilliant!!! The last bit needs some focus, but the whole things was WOW! Some of the best music on the field.