Blue Knights penalized 8.6 points.

Obviously you can't perform without your truck of instruments, lol...

Back in 84 we did (I think two?) shows without our instruments since our truck was MIA. We had to borrow horns, drums, the pit, and even flags from the Crossmen and Spirit of Atlanta. But we still performed.

In 1976, the 27th Lancers truck broke down enroute to the Wheeling Illinois show and they borrowed our (Cavaliers) drums. 25 years later I mentioned it to a friend of mine who marched in Norwood Park Imperials (they hated us) who was in the stands for that show. He told me he and his buddies were up in the stands joking that that's the best those drums would ever sound! :thumbup:

In 1976, the 27th Lancers truck broke down enroute to the Wheeling Illinois show and they borrowed our (Cavaliers) drums. 25 years later I mentioned it to a friend of mine who marched in Norwood Park Imperials (they hated us) who was in the stands for that show. He told me he and his buddies were up in the stands joking that that's the best those drums would ever sound! :thumbup:

I hadn't heard about this John. Of course, I didn't march 76, but know Cavies had a GREAT drumline that year.

Back in 84 we did (I think two?) shows without our instruments since our truck was MIA. We had to borrow horns, drums, the pit, and even flags from the Crossmen and Spirit of Atlanta. But we still performed.

I don't know this for certain, but I doubt the contracts that many of today's corps have with instrument manufacturers would even permit the corps to utilize borrowed equipment for a show unless it was from said manufacturer. BK still uses King horns and would have been limited in the corps they could have borrowed from.

Sad, when you think about it.

I don't know this for certain, but I doubt the contracts that many of today's corps have with instrument manufacturers would even permit the corps to utilize borrowed equipment for a show unless it was from said manufacturer. BK still uses King horns and would have been limited in the corps they could have borrowed from.

Sad, when you think about it.

You seem to sputter this like it were fact. It is not. In an emergency, corps still share instruments, podiums, etc., just like always. There are no music manufacturer police. Conspiracy theories....jeesh.