World Class Scores as of July 23

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this years BD show get any standing O's? Does the crowd get into their show? Can you hum or whistle any of their music? How does this BD show score any GE? DCI needs a scoring caption for crowd reaction.

I like their music just fine. I find myself humming the opener often....this show is awesome !

G

Hehe, it's always funny to come on here and watch the BD fans get all defensive and up-in-arms about comments made about their show. Always makes me smile. And I do like the Blue Devils, so don't go there, but some of the guys on here get a little bit too passionate about it, and it always makes me laugh. :tongue:

Actually its funny because they(BD) dont need any defending at all, its just fun to watch the "haters" come up with reason after reason to discredit them or put them down, or take shots at them, their staff, their musical approach, etc...and they just keep on getting better and better.....I wonder if they(haters) would put that same energy into watching the show without the predisposed notion that they have to hate it, what would happen then ???

I dont care either way....I love the show, dont care who doesnt, and if it wins great, aint gonna take my enjoyment away.

G

I wonder if they(haters) would put that same energy into watching the show without the predisposed notion that they have to hate it, what would happen then ???

I agree with you that a lot of the hate for BD is completely irrational...but this statement is condescending, IMO. You are essentially saying "If you'd just watch the show, you'd think it was awesome too!"

The implication is that people who don't like the show don't like it simply because it's BD. And while that may be true in a few cases, it certainly isn't the case across the board.

I agree with you that a lot of the hate for BD is completely irrational...but this statement is condescending, IMO. You are essentially saying "If you'd just watch the show, you'd think it was awesome too!"

The implication is that people who don't like the show don't like it simply because it's BD. And while that may be true in a few cases, it certainly isn't the case across the board.

NO, no not at all...but I bet at least a few are just "jumping on the bandwagon" of hate because it feels good to have other people feel like you do, or be a part of something......its human nature. Its like an accident on the highway, you just have to look. I bet half these comments arent even meant its just fun to go down that road....

Thats all I mean, maybe I didnt word it right.

G

NO, no not at all...but I bet at least a few are just "jumping on the bandwagon" of hate because it feels good to have other people feel like you do, or be a part of something......its human nature. Its like an accident on the highway, you just have to look. I bet half these comments arent even meant its just fun to go down that road....

Thats all I mean, maybe I didnt word it right.

G

Ah. No, I got ya.

for the record, my question about the score wasn't because of any feelings about the show I may have. It's about how high it is with 24 days til finals from last night.

that means eventually their scores will stagnate, because if they had a show every day, that allows for .33 in growth a day.

It reminds me of 94, where they were so dominant early, scores got closer by finals mainly because BD ran out of numbers and everyone else had room to grow.

Personally I'd be frustrated if I was in the corps and saw our score nickel and dime up every day for the next 3 weeks

Who "caught up to them" in 94 ???

The last week of the season, they only competed against Cavaliers, beofre that, they destroyed Phantom Regiment (8/5 92.3 vs 88.1) and SCV(8/6 92.5 vs 88.4) then They had 4 shows against Cavaliers, first show on 8/8 the scores were BD - 92.3, Cavs - 91.8 and by the fourth, and last show it was BD - 95.3, Cavs 92.8...

Nobody was even a remote threat against Devils in 94, simple as that.

G

btw, at Preview of Champions on 7/31 Cavaliers were only 1 point behind.......the rest, is (undefeated) history

Edited by GMichael1230

I REALLY DON'T UNDESTAND WHAT YOU MEAN. DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF BD WINS BY 1 POINT OR 2? A WIN IS A WIN, RIGHT?

As a spectator, it means more to see competition. It would be impressive if BD pulls an undefeated season with a big spread, but I would rather BD pull an undefeated season with one or two corps just a step behind. It's all about predictability in the competition.

Edited by Coathope