World Class Scores as of July 23

BD was 92.9 on this date a year ago.

Boston was 86.9 in 09

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I thought it was a daily requirement on here now? We've been civil and positive all day, it's time to rain on BD's parade.... or so their fans say

Bone, this brings up an excellent point, (and I think you have your moments when you are balanced in your response, not always, but occasionally). And now after some sleep we might all learn for your response. In light of your criticism of BD fans and their responses here, I honestly ask you the following: How should a BD fan react when told that their corps is not a fan favorite, no demand, music sucks, gimmicky, only winning because of CI, blah, blah? We have three choices (four actually):

1) Flame back with equally unmeasureable facts and assumptions.

2) Try to provide some balance, understanding the frustration of other corps fans and trying to explain why BD is undefeated in a way that doesn't seem arrogant.

3) Agree with the flamers

4) Don't answer

I honestly ask you the following: How should a BD fan react when told that their corps is not a fan favorite, no demand, music sucks, gimmicky, only winning because of CI, blah, blah? We have three choices (four actually):

2) Try to provide some balance, understanding the frustration of other corps fans and trying to explain why BD is undefeated in a way that doesn't seem arrogant.

4) Don't answer

More of #4 would be nice at times.

People don't have to like BD. People have legitimate reasons for not liking BD, reasons that you can't change. We need more agreeing to disagree on DCP and letting things go.

I appreciate the passion that a lot of fans have for their pet corps, but there's a reason that DCP is a laughing stock because it's impossible to get anything really discussed because people are way too hot blooded here.

Edited by Pinwiz

More of #4 would be nice at times.

People don't have to like BD. People have legitimate reasons for not liking BD, reasons that you can't change. We need more agreeing to disagree on DCP and letting things go.

I appreciate the passion that a lot of fans have for their pet corps, but there's a reason that DCP is a laughing stock because it's impossible to get anything really discussed because people are way too hot blooded here.

I can appreciate that. And quite honestly, I've been PM'd from time to time by other BD fans (many who rarely post here anymore) to "just let it go". But I tend to try to find reason amongst the flames. And finding reason has been made even more difficult with all this G7 crap.

In keeping with your #4 advice, I ask you to try to imagine a thread that has no replys to BD flamers......just a series of flamer comments, pages after page. My guess is that would drive the flamers even more crazy.....but you may be right.

I don't mind the spirited exchanges. I find them entertaining but...

Does anyone else see the irony in the forum title "World Class Discussions"?

I just wish MN would of happened or that SA was one night, that would give us a true read on scores.... I think spreads are about right at each show, it just seems that the BD tour groups scores got bumped up with keeping the spread ie if bd was 2 points better than cavies and they score the cavies at a 90 they had to give bd a 92 but if Cavies would of scored say a 87 then BD would of gotten a 89 to keep the spread right.....it will be interesting to see where the Houston Judges put the corps tonight and where the corps in dallas tonight land

I don't mind the spirited exchanges. I find them entertaining but...

Does anyone else see the irony in the forum title "World Class Discussions"?

LOL Perfect LOL

I just wish MN would of happened or that SA was one night, that would give us a true read on scores.... I think spreads are about right at each show, it just seems that the BD tour groups scores got bumped up with keeping the spread ie if bd was 2 points better than cavies and they score the cavies at a 90 they had to give bd a 92 but if Cavies would of scored say a 87 then BD would of gotten a 89 to keep the spread right.....it will be interesting to see where the Houston Judges put the corps tonight and where the corps in dallas tonight land

Interesting observation.

Bone, this brings up an excellent point, (and I think you have your moments when you are balanced in your response, not always, but occasionally). And now after some sleep we might all learn for your response. In light of your criticism of BD fans and their responses here, I honestly ask you the following: How should a BD fan react when told that their corps is not a fan favorite, no demand, music sucks, gimmicky, only winning because of CI, blah, blah? We have three choices (four actually):

4) Don't answer

You forgot *your* favorite option, Plan..

5)throw a little gasoline on it :) :unsure: