World Class Scores as of July 23

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BD's stated goal is to score 100, and they love it when everyone says how much talent they have. Now that the judges have heard it for many years, they're starting to believe it. Didn't BD get a few perfect 10s last year? They'll get a few more this year. And more the next year...unless the show is CLEARLY a bag.

It's all part of BD's amazing understanding of CI. If you keep telling everyone (ie, judging community) that your goal is to score 100, and you dare them to NOT give you 100, and everyone in the activity thinks you're the most talented, then pretty soon, you think you're invincible. That makes it very difficult for judges to deny them, since they are pretty darn excellent (even if boring, predictable, formulaic)

I only wish a few more corps understood CI so completely.

You almost made it to the end! Just one small parenthesis. Love ya Bruckner8 (and you have mad skills), but boring, predictable....you've got to be kidding! If BD's show is boring....you need to give me an example of new/exciting. Just one. This year....and why. Don't forget to roll in non-predictable and non-formulaic when giving your example of new/exciting.

This will count against your final grade! :unsure:

Edited by Plan9

BD was 92.9 on this date a year ago.

finals was also on 8/8 last year. a whole extra week this year

Completely within range Jeff. They were hovering here 91.5 -92.5 in 07, 08 & 09 during same time frame.

and finals is a week last this year

BD's stated goal is to score 100, and they love it when everyone says how much talent they have. Now that the judges have heard it for many years, they're starting to believe it. Didn't BD get a few perfect 10s last year? They'll get a few more this year. And more the next year...unless the show is CLEARLY a bag.

It's all part of BD's amazing understanding of CI. If you keep telling everyone (ie, judging community) that your goal is to score 100, and you dare them to NOT give you 100, and everyone in the activity thinks you're the most talented, then pretty soon, you think you're invincible. That makes it very difficult for judges to deny them, since they are pretty darn excellent (even if boring, predictable, formulaic)

i concur.

You almost made it to the end! Just one small parenthesis. Love ya Bruckner8 (and you have mad skills), but boring, predictable....you've got to be kidding! If BD's show is boring....you need to give me an example of new/exciting. Just one. This year....and why. Don't forget to roll in non-predictable and non-formulaic when giving your example of new/exciting.

This will count against your final grade! :unsure:

They do have a formula. Every time a corps goes on a tear and wins multiple championships within a few years of each other, there's a forumula . . . the Cavies had one in their run in the early 2000s, Cadets in the mid-80s, etc. It's founded on blending WGI inspired visual and music into a drum corps format. It's wildly successful, but a formula nonetheless. And there's nothing wrong with that at all, until it inevitably becomes stale (as all such formulas do). :tongue:

Apparently this CI " theory" of yours took a 24 hour sabbatical with the judges when they put Phantom Regiment over the Blue Devils in the 2008 Finals, after the Blue Devils won both the Quarters and the Semi's in a 48 hour period before the Finals stunning upset.

Apparently this CI " theory" of yours took a 24 hour sabbatical with the judges when they put Phantom Regiment over the Blue Devils in the 2008 Finals, after the Blue Devils won both the Quarters and the Semi's in a 48 hour period before the Finals stunning upset.

I believe CI actually explains that iirc.