West Coast Inflation

So....with Blue Devils scores:

West Coast Inflation?

Perhaps the growth from early season to now should've been greater or not. That is all :unsure:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So....with Blue Devils scores:

West Coast Inflation?

Perhaps the growth from early season to now should've been greater or not. That is all :tongue:

Most of the West Coast scores got creamed in Houston tonight, so it will be interesting to see how the Blue Devils fare there tomorrow night.

:unsure:

West Coast Inflation Theorists have been awful quiet this season.

Where did you all go?

In shock...staring in the mirror! :unsure:

Academy.

I have to agree. When I saw that Academy scored an 81 about a week ago I saw more inflation than my ex at an all-you-can-eat buffet. :unsure:

So top West Coast corps are deflated and lower West Coast corps are inflated?

Shouldn't it then be called West Coast Compression?

Or maybe the judges took a year off from their usual West Coast inflating activities.

Or maybe ... just maybe ... it NEVER existed in the first place?

Come on WCI Theorists, tell us what is really happening here!

Edited by BDUFLS

So top West Coast corps are deflated and lower West Coast corps are inflated?

Shouldn't it then be called West Coast Compression?

Or maybe the judges took a year off from their usual West Coast inflating activities.

Or maybe ... just maybe ... it NEVER existed in the first place?

Come on WCI Theorists, tell us what is really happening here!

Hmmm I like the next to the last sentence LOL

I absolutely hate calling it "west coast inflation," but Blue Devils and SCV aside, are you saying that you don't think the rest of the World Class scores out West were inflated? You don't think they have been for a number of years? I have only ever really noticed this when BD and SCV leave the area, but the remaining 3-4 corps are performing in shows with a number of Open Class corps always seem to get some generous numbers. Maybe it's because the highest level of competition isn't there to put things into perspective, but I don't think it's a secret that in recent years these few corps have popped some pretty high numbers before leaving town and joining the rest of the pack.

Again, putting aside BD and SCV in this equation. And no, I'm not some sort of conspiracy theorist nor have I ever been vocal about "west coast inflation" (again, absolutely hate that term), just making observations.

West Coast Inflation is a pet term invented by the rest of drum corps so they can whine about how much the Blue Devils are kicking their ##### in June and July. It usually falls through when the first regional comes and BD still kicks everybody's #####.

Edited by contrajedi8