Sorry but no one will catch BD

The battle cry of... Cavies have the best shot at making a run, besides BD, is shallow to say the least.

The show that BD should keep track of is the Bluecoats.

They have the energy written into the visual and musical book which translates into some honest GE.

Their guard has been a very effective group for them as well.

They have a swagger that is mighty....obviously not as much as BD.

I think the Coats are capable of closing the spread considerably.

Stan the Simple

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... They were unbeaten till championships... but look what happened. Am I saying this is going to happen again? No I am saying is that The Cavaliers have a shot at doing something like this again this year! ITS NOT OVER YET!!!!

What? Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H3ll no!

Heres how I think it will go down

"And down the stretch they come! Devil in Blue is gaining on the inside and Holy Garfield on the outside with Green Machine not far behind... Its the Green Machine...Its Devil in Blue! Green Machine back in the lead.. CROWN with a late surge its gonna be a photo finish!!"

The battle cry of... Cavies have the best shot at making a run, besides BD, is shallow to say the least.

The show that BD should keep track of is the Bluecoats.

They have the energy written into the visual and musical book which translates into some honest GE.

Their guard has been a very effective group for them as well.

They have a swagger that is mighty....obviously not as much as BD.

I think the Coats are capable of closing the spread considerably.

Stan the Simple

Shallow......uhuh......we'll see

While I might be leaning to agreeing with you I think I'll wait until after Murf. as that will be the first time the top corps face each other in one contest.....lets see the spread there, if the rest of the group inches to 1.5-1.0 of BD then I say it just might not be over

OK Cavies (I would love it) Just tell us how they make up the 2 points. Think like the Cavies staff, they must have a plan. IE .5 in brass cannge x and get . 6 in GE etc.

I think generally people who are saying "it could happen" don't find the 2 points to be a huge spread. First, spreads always shrink at the end of the season, as judges run out of numbers. Second, corps have overcome a 2 point deficit in the last two weeks before.

I doubt the Cavies have a specific plan for how they catch BD - it's obvious that visual is their strength, and music less so. But beyond that, I'd guess they are trying to max out all aspects of their show. It's not like there's any clear cause and effect "fix this section and we'll close the gap 0.1 in GE Music".

Kind of a silly thread. We have competitions to determine champions and winners etc... If it were left to prognosticators, then we could start with the victory lap.

My take, several corps are quite strong and anything can happen on any night. Look at SCVC a few nights ago; they beat BDB and have since come down about 4 points in the judging. Anything can happen. So, go BD as if the devil was on your tails. (couldn't resist). Every other corp in the top bunch is gunning for you, and you have to earn this win to get it.

Specifics of how it can happen?

BD is ####-clean right now. Cavies are almost there, and with two more weeks BOTH shows will be dead even in cleanliness by the time they arrive in Indy. You can only get SO clean. Dead heat in execution numbers by finals.

The difference will be effect - and more specifically - coordination. It's a hot "buzz word" that appears on the sheet under the effect caption. Cavies have more of it in their show, and it will be the area where they can gain an edge. Plus, their show has quite a few more "oh wow" moments of emotion. Every time I've seen them, they are PERFORMING better and better, and delivering the emotional punches. By finals, that could be the .10 of a point they need to seal the deal.

Really, it could simply be a page out of the Phantom playbook of 2008. Clean, clean, clean now, then sell sell sell in the last few days.