Sorry but no one will catch BD

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the Cavies have a specific plan for how they catch BD - it's obvious that visual is their strength, and music less so. But beyond that, I'd guess they are trying to max out all aspects of their show. It's not like there's any clear cause and effect "fix this section and we'll close the gap 0.1 in GE Music".

Just to be clear, this is not at all an argument I'm starting. What I'm about to say is just my thought branching from yours.

I don't think the Cavies will pass BD. It's been argued here that BD's weakness is music, and the best way to catch them would be musically. Unfortunately, it has also been said that the Cavies have weak music. Since BD has faced Cavies head to head and sweeped the captions, as long as they both progress in every caption, Cavies can't pass BD. I suppose Cavies could concentrate solely on upping their GE and see if that bleeds into the other captions, making their show overall strong enough to win. But, that is quite a risky bet.

The $1.50 in my pocket is being bet on Coats. It's a long shot, with their history of losing momentum score-gain-wise in the last 2 weeks. However, their program is quite strong and in different areas than BD.

Good luck to everyone, though! It's a good fight! :satisfied:

Just to be clear, this is not at all an argument I'm starting. What I'm about to say is just my thought branching from yours.

I don't think the Cavies will pass BD. It's been argued here that BD's weakness is music, and the best way to catch them would be musically. Unfortunately, it has also been said that the Cavies have weak music. Since BD has faced Cavies head to head and sweeped the captions, as long as they both progress in every caption, Cavies can't pass BD. I suppose Cavies could concentrate solely on upping their GE and see if that bleeds into the other captions, making their show overall strong enough to win. But, that is quite a risky bet.

The $1.50 in my pocket is being bet on Coats. It's a long shot, with their history of losing momentum score-gain-wise in the last 2 weeks. However, their program is quite strong and in different areas than BD.

I have a strong feeling SOMEONE will catch BD, but not sure who at this point.

I have a strong feeling SOMEONE will catch BD, but not sure who at this point.

Haha. It sounds like a sickness. "Be sure to wear your mittens and scarf outside, or in this weather, you might catch BD!"

I'm thinking other than a field judge running after them for a dropped shako in the tunnel, it's all over.

For all the "clean" talk, They haven't even put their new ending on yet and by all staff accounts, are still "filthy". I still don;t think they have "thrown down" yet and maybe other corps closing the gap will cause a spike in performance level from them. I hate to sound bad, but most of the kids in that corps have not lost a show in almost 3 years, so they are pretty confident they can turn it on when needed and push through to the end. I hear "08" from alumni alot, and I have a feeling they will still be using that motivation for years to come.

They may have another gear or two to kick in, which would be pretty sick if that happens.

Haha. It sounds like a sickness. "Be sure to wear your mittens and scarf outside, or in this weather, you might catch BD!"

I'm thinking other than a field judge running after them for a dropped shako in the tunnel, it's all over.

For all the "clean" talk, They haven't even put their new ending on yet and by all staff accounts, are still "filthy". I still don;t think they have "thrown down" yet and maybe other corps closing the gap will cause a spike in performance level from them. I hate to sound bad, but most of the kids in that corps have not lost a show in almost 3 years, so they are pretty confident they can turn it on when needed and push through to the end. I hear "08" from alumni alot, and I have a feeling they will still be using that motivation for years to come.

They may have another gear or two to kick in, which would be pretty sick if that happens.

But I can't explain it. Something is telling me it'll happen. I'm not sure what it is, but something's telling me it'll happen.

:satisfied:

But I can't explain it. Something is telling me it'll happen. I'm not sure what it is, but something's telling me it'll happen.

for you and others that call your favorite corps "Anyone but BD" Its called wishfull thinking.

G

Edited by GMichael1230

I believe someone said something like that once this year... I believe someone said... "They won't catch Crown" well... It happened!! Let the staff do what they do best!! They can do this!!

:blink:

for you and others that call your favorite corps "Anyone but BD" Its called wishfull thinking.

G

But......

......lol we'll just see what happens. :satisfied:

I really hope that BD goes undefeated this season. I just don't see how anybody can catch them. I remember reading in another thread that some thought if Cavies' improved their music score and/or changed their ending, they would have a shot at beating BD. I'm not too sure about that.

I love the Cavies this year, so I wouldn't be as bothered if they won, but what about visual? Guard? Percussion? GE?

Essentially, you have 4 corps right now that are fighting over subcaptions, while BD watches from up top with nearly straight 1's.

...and Phantom from below with their percussion trophy.

And yes, I know, "08." And my response to that is "09." I think we have to remember that in these next 3 weeks, every single corps will be making vast improvements for finals, including BD.

Such an awesome season!