DCA's Weekend Off

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about 8:30 on Friday evening. I should have already checked into the hotel. I should be sitting down to a decent meal at a nearby restaurant. I should be planning on getting some reading done before I fall off to sleep early so I can get up for rehearsal tomorrow before the show.

None of this is happening!! What's going on????

It's about 8:30 on Friday evening. I should have already checked into the hotel. I should be sitting down to a decent meal at a nearby restaurant. I should be planning on getting some reading done before I fall off to sleep early so I can get up for rehearsal tomorrow before the show.

all the youngsters need a break. andy remember all the summers of evry week shows from the month of may to sometimes the end of september and double show weekends. we had a great time. i know sky did 22 shows one year. we planned our vacations between saturdays. those were the days my friend..............

Sorry I didn't reply to this last night.... but by the time you posted, I was already asleep. :tongue:

all the youngsters need a break. andy remember all the summers of evry week shows from the month of may to sometimes the end of september and double show weekends. we had a great time. i know sky did 22 shows one year. we planned our vacations between saturdays. those were the days my friend..............

i'm not sure if this is a slam or not, but ya know, with the world the way it is now, if you dont give em a break, the fry out and don't stick around more than a year or 2.

I say give em the break, let em recharge the batteries and come back fired up. or, in these economic times, give the corps a weekend to possibly make some money and reconnect with their local area doing some gigs.

there is a lot more out there than just getting a score

i'm not sure if this is a slam or not, but ya know, with the world the way it is now, if you dont give em a break, the fry out and don't stick around more than a year or 2.

I say give em the break, let em recharge the batteries and come back fired up. or, in these economic times, give the corps a weekend to possibly make some money and reconnect with their local area doing some gigs.

there is a lot more out there than just getting a score

no jeff not meant as a slam. i know times and people are different. i was just reminiscing from back in the day. sorry if it came out that way. back then we figuered we could get 3-5 years out of a member. and yes many fried out. no slam meant.

Sorry I didn't reply to this last night.... but by the time you posted, I was already asleep. :tongue:

It's fine that you were already asleep, but the main question is, "Were you still driving?"

My wife & I will be driving down to Little Compton RI. for

the Ocean State Pop's Concert. Tomorrow we'll both be

at Mass Brass rehearsal.

I haven't marched since 2005, but I still feel like I should be getting on a bus when the weekend hits!