1995 all over Again

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a great question to ask yourself (and this goes out to everyone in general) Which show thrills you the most? For me its The Cavaliers... I have always wanted to experience a great Cavies show... Now I can say I did. I still want to see a BD show that can thrill me as well. Did the do that for me this year? Sadly no... I guess it just all depends on the person. I am not going to lie I am young (as you can see in my avatar picture) so I really can't say I have experienced x amount of shows... Heck I am the only person in my family that is really into DCI. The only upset year I have experienced is the 08 season. But I can still tell what is the major fan favorite and what isn't... BD overall is no where near the excitement level that The Cavaliers show this year... Yes it is my opinion but everyone is different. I saw some on here that really enjoy the show. Sadly I didn't... maybe some day I will...

Ah yes, the great equalizer....the boo! Such a simple gesture when you think about it. You cup your hands around your mouth and blow out loud guttural sounds that lower primates use to summon the opposite sex in heat! I think this, more than any other form of human communication says...."we've arrived as a specie". Don't you? Yeah! Keep it up you brave few! Darwin would be proud!

Dang, you don't even wanna know what they did to Star back in the day.

Ah yes, the great equalizer....the boo! Such a simple gesture when you think about it. You cup your hands around your mouth and blow out loud guttural sounds that lower primates use to summon the opposite sex in heat! I think this, more than any other form of human communication says...."we've arrived as a specie". Don't you? Yeah! Keep it up you brave few! Darwin would be proud!

People can do as they please. If they don't agree with a winner they can boo if they want. I have never done it myself, but I can understand why people would if they don't like who won the show.

The whole 2 championships they won (86,94) in the past 10 years before 1995?

Were you there in 95?

BD was undefeated in 94 and undefeated all though 95 until the last 3 shows... That is plenty to cause people to be sick of them winning.

I know you never marched or taught drum corps and all, but if you did and were there that year to see the corps, to hear people talk, and the crowd reactions you would know what I am talking about.

Because some of us were there and remember it well. Fans boo'd the corps quite a bit in 95... I remember a show in Michigan (Ypsilanti I think) where they got boo'd especially bad after trouncing everyone. The show was not a fan favorite in 95 (dark, dissonant music, skulls on the field) and people were just sick and tired of BD winning.

In 94, BD crushed everyone with a great show. In 95, they put out a show that was not easily accessible by fans and kept dominating the competition all the way till finals week. You can see why people keep making references to 95 I am sure.

Huh ???

1995 Blue Devils were received much more warmly than this years show is shaping up....so far. I remember at one of the many shows I saw them at that year, Massilion, I think Aug 4th..the Crowd was raucous for them ! Just like the year before.

How were people sick and tired of BD winning when they just ended their once in ten year drought the year before ??

G

Were you there in 95?

BD was undefeated in 94 and undefeated all though 95 until the last 3 shows... That is plenty to cause people to be sick of them winning.

I know you never marched or taught drum corps and all, but if you did and were there that year to see the corps, to hear people talk, and the crowd reactions you would know what I am talking about.

I can't believe I am about to say this but... I know what your talking about because like last year BD was undefeated like this year... I am kinda tired of seeing them win... kinda had to deal with that for 3 seasons straight (yes BD didn't get first in 08 but went undefeated pretty much the whole season). I guess you kinda get used to it though... but its just not surprising...

Were you there in 95?

Well, I was there, quite a bit. 15 shows to be exact. Down from the 19 I saw the year before...just to see the Blue Devils because it had been so long since they were on "top"...I can say , proudly, I traveled the country seeing that show, got all my ticket stubs and pictures too.....There was no disdain over them winning from where I was able to see.....Unless of course other corps "honks" were realizing the BD was indeed back....but, like I said they were warmly received in 94 and although the show did scrath a few heads in 95, it was very warmly received and attained lots of applause and standing "O"s....

G

Huh ???

1995 Blue Devils were received much more warmly than this years show is shaping up....so far. I remember at one of the many shows I saw them at that year, Massilion, I think Aug 4th..the Crowd was raucous for them ! Just like the year before.

How were people sick and tired of BD winning when they just ended their once in ten year drought the year before ??

G

People loved the corps in 94, but you can't tell me they did in 95 or they would have won. 94 was a fan friendly show, but you win that many shows in a row (something like 60 or so) and people are going to wear thin at some point. The corps was getting a good reaction in 95 (much better than this year) but a fan favorite they were not. Madison, Cadets, and the Cavaliers all had them beat in that respect from what I recall.... It has been 15 years though.