Does entertaining to the audience mean not credited by judges?

I am throwing this out there. Does entertaining to the masses mean it can't score? It looks more and more that way. I have been to several shows this year. I have seem all the top and most of the other world class corps. The most entertaining shows this year at the top are Cadets and Cavaliers. It is shown by the reception they get at shows from the audience. The groups that seem to be getting high scores such as Carolina Crown and Blue Devils as some of the the most boring shows I have seen (honorable mention to Santa Clara) You go to the next level and the Madison Scouts have been creamed several times by judges and praised by the audience. It is nice to see Blue Knights playing some thing that has melody!

I do not claim to be an expert but I do claim to pay large amounts of money to watch shows which makes it possible for the corps and judges to be paid. I would hope that more groups do not follow the current leaders and do shows that do not entertain the paying customers.

I am throwing this out there. Does entertaining to the masses mean it can't score? It looks more and more that way. I have been to several shows this year. I have seem all the top and most of the other world class corps. The most entertaining shows this year at the top are Cadets and Cavaliers. It is shown by the reception they get at shows from the audience. The groups that seem to be getting high scores such as Carolina Crown and Blue Devils as some of the the most boring shows I have seen (honorable mention to Santa Clara) You go to the next level and the Madison Scouts have been creamed several times by judges and praised by the audience. It is nice to see Blue Knights playing some thing that has melody!

I do not claim to be an expert but I do claim to pay large amounts of money to watch shows which makes it possible for the corps and judges to be paid. I would hope that more groups do not follow the current leaders and do shows that do not entertain the paying customers.

See the last line of my signature.

It's not that they CAN'T score well with judges in GE if they're entertaining, in the eyes of the audience... it's just that they often don't. There are exceptions. And those are so stone cold DUH! to the audience (e.g. Phantom 2008) that the judges almost seemed to be dragged kicking and screaming to the audience's POV. I wish DCI would get off the stick and really try to fix this. I think the difference in POV between audience perception of GE and judge perception of GE has hurt DCI financially. I just don't get why they don't address this head on.

Yes. The exciting 2nd place Cavaliers are getting screwed by the boring 4th place Crown.

Yup, Crown's problem these days is that they are boring..........uhuh

If you think Crown and Blue Devils are both really boring this year.... then I'm not really sure what you like. I don't think there are two shows out there that are more different than these two this summer.

Yup, Crown's problem these days is that they are boring..........uhuh

i did not say that was the only problem. This season they chose to move away from the crowd shows...wonder why...

Yes. The exciting 2nd place Cavaliers are getting screwed by the boring 4th place Crown.

No the entertaining Cavaliers are getting screwed by the boring Blue Deveil, Bluecoats not being miles ahead of them as well as Cadets are the ones hurt by Crown.