Favorite BD show of past 4 years?

Favorite BD show of past 4 years?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite show?

• Winged Victory
    • Constantly Risking Absurdity
    • Through a Glass Darkly

Not this year's show. I have seen them 3 times live and dislike the show more with each viewing. However, you cannot discount that they are a great corps. Why can't they go back to playing music that is recognizable instead of chopping it up so much?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love absurdity, but not the Finals version. There was an APD earlier in the year that I use as the replacement for the Finals version on my iPod.

I really liked BD 2008. "Fun" isn't an adjective that I usually associate with BD, but they definitely were fun in 2008. It worked for me both at the level of what the individual performers were doing, and in terms of the overall composition.

I don't care for 2007, 2009 or 2010. I didn't stay for the victory runs in 2007 or 2009, and I doubt I will this year. Technically excellent, no doubt, but not shows I found very engaging.

I really liked BD 2008. "Fun" isn't an adjective that I usually associate with BD, but they definitely were fun in 2008. It worked for me both at the level of what the individual performers were doing, and in terms of the overall composition.

I don't care for 2007, 2009 or 2010. I didn't stay for the victory runs in 2007 or 2009, and I doubt I will this year. Technically excellent, no doubt, but not shows I found very engaging.

Summed up my thoughts exactly.

1. 1930

2. Through a Glass Darkly

3. Winged Victory

4. Constantly Risking Absurdity

Personally, I'm partial to the Blue Devils shows of the 1980s (long live T.O.!); but in the spirit of this thread, I would most definitely have to go with Winged Victory. I actually liked that show.

Currently, the Blue Devils are just a WGI music ensemble filled with some of the best and most talented members in DCI blasting out power chords and the occasional jazz chord while wearing semi-skirts (take those things off! What in the bloody h**l are you all trying to hide! Plus, they just look bad!).

I think its really strange that more people like CRA than 1930 :hehe:

People complained left and right all year about them. Then, the lost, and now people like the show. 1930 went undefeated, and hardly anyone likes it. :unhappy:

On topic: my ranking

1. 1930

2. Through a Glass, Darkly

3. CRA

4. Winged Victory