Which corps did the audience in Atlanta seem to enjoy the most this ye

I see the point you're trying to make, but you've subtly asked a different question.

It is subjective as to who the audience "enjoyed" the most.

It is a fact that Cavaliers had the only moment of the night when the audience lept to it's feet to applaud.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the point you're trying to make, but you've subtly asked a different question.

It is a fact that Cavaliers had the only moment of the night when the audience lept to it's feet to applaud.

I agree Cavies did get a great reaction but...I didn't see any leaping or jumping. Some homers stood up after the trumpet trio and rifle feature but they were just a handful.

Big ovation at the end? Yes! Jumping and throwing babies? No. The babies had already be flung at Madison. Haha

The new ending didn't really go over that well in my section anyways. They had most of us on our feet in the rifle section but their ending didn't get that same reaction. It was more of a "this is the end i guess" kind of reaction. With that being said, they still had the best applause of the night anyways.

My opinion on who the top 3 were in my section:

1) Cavies

2) Scouts

3) Phantom (close with Crown but I'm giving the edge to phantom as we couldn't even hear the final solo since the audience was already on its feet)

2 responses all it takes to prove a small point about audience member perceptions being different, and therefore not "FACTS" no matter how many people try to speak for "THE AUDIENCE".

I knew you were heading in this direction... :worthy:

1. Cavies/Scouts

2. Phantom

This from fairly good seats. My sister reports the same from sections nearer the endzone where they stick the marching bands. Cavies were the only score two receive a large, spontaneous reaction during their show. Crowd wasn't anti-BD, though. Not by a long shot.

Of course, we all inhabit our own intimate subjectivities, which it are impossible for our minds, or our senses, to escape from. Our prejudices, our likes and dislikes, pre-determine what our eyes and ears interpret as "crowd reaction". We only hear and see what we want to hear and see. The list I provided above and the lists of all others in this thread are therefore tainted.

When I free my mind from the cloud of prejudice, and look at the Atlanta regional objectively, it becomes clear that the Mandarins received the strongest crowd reaction. No one can tell me I'm wrong, because any disagreement is nullified by your biases!

:worthy:

When I free my mind from the cloud of prejudice, and look at the Atlanta regional objectively, it becomes clear that the Mandarins received the strongest crowd reaction. No one can tell me I'm wrong, because any disagreement is nullified by your biases!

:lol:

haha, I see what you did there...

:worthy:

2-point champion not mentioned yet.

Too complex for people, especially if they did not read the program. I am a band director and I have Kenton's album with all the charts and still had a hard time taking it all in. But that is what the show is about...chaos & tension. I defintely appreciated what they were doing but this is one that I will have to see a few times because so much is going on at the same time. Will wait til Indy.

The old people behind we were like...that was horrible. But they also were saying that Scouts show be Top 3 and I was listening and the older guy was telling all of them about how the corps were scored. It went a little like this. "They start at 100 and go down from there." Haha man still thinks we are on the tick system.

Again, BD is not looking to play loud, long chords in company fronts, etc. to ask for applause from the average fan or show attendee. They are there to win! Would I like it to be the other way around, yes, but that is what DCI (should I say WGI w/ Brass & Drums) wants.

2 responses all it takes to prove a small point about audience member perceptions being different, and therefore not "FACTS" no matter how many people try to speak for "THE AUDIENCE".

additionally you're asking "enjoyment" which is only a small component of effect...just sayin'