SCV Still dropping

The Blue stars have now passed them. Is this a record year for the vanguard as far as low placement?

If i remember correctly, the lowest in their history has been 7th. looks like they might go to 8th maybe even lower.

What will this do to staff for next year?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue stars have now passed them. Is this a record year for the vanguard as far as low placement?

If i remember correctly, the lowest in their history has been 7th. looks like they might go to 8th maybe even lower.

In 2005, SCV jumped over BAC at Finals for 8th.

Based on their early season success, might this indicate they're getting near the limits of what they can do with the current program? (And I agree - don't count them out yet. They've been involved in a lot of Finals week movement in the last few years.)

Mike

I think SCV's drill may be too difficult to get much cleaner than it is right now. There are so many blind sets that are almost impossible to fix. Also, the show is so different from every other corps' show effect wise that it will take a panel of judges that really buy-in to what they are doing to score high in effect. The music is also extremely exposed so the often have more stick-outs and it is easier to justify lower music scores.

So yes, the odds are against SCV this year with such a difficult program.... but I applaud them for attempting this. If I had to put money on it, I think Blue Stars will pass them with a more cleanable show...... which would put SCV in 8th.

Based on their early season success, might this indicate they're getting near the limits of what they can do with the current program? (And I agree - don't count them out yet. They've been involved in a lot of Finals week movement in the last few years.)

Mike

I didn't get that sense from their Murfreesboro & Atlanta performances. If anything, it seemed to me that they are not yet able to effectively perform and communicate some of the material. I thought they had a lot of moments that would work better once they can perform them at a higher level.

And, yes, you'd be foolish to write them off at this point. They know plenty well how to get the job done before championships.