SCV Still dropping

I think some people need to turn down their sensitivity levels.

No! It's way funnier this way!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are just in a kind of funk right now. Atlanta was not their best performance.

SCV was overscored in Atlanta, imo too.

I think SCV's drill may be too difficult to get much cleaner than it is right now.

I can't speak to the drums ,percussion ,and guard. But I can to their drill. I don't see SCV's drill as " too difficult to get much cleaner " at all. This is a very simple drill to perform and execute compared to many others in the top 12, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I can't speak to the drums ,percussion ,and guard. But I can to their drill. I don't see SCV's drill as " too difficult to get much cleaner " at all. This is a very simple drill to perform and execute compared to many others in the top 12, imo.

How does the SCV drill compare to to the last drill you wrote?

I'm pretty sure you lost me as soon as you said that. Have you watched it, I mean really watched their drill? The end of their opener is at 200, and the entire corps is jazz running into it mostly blind. I must have missed the time when that became easy. And their closer is completely insane. SCV's drill is about 20 steps harder than last year, so if you think this stuff is simple and easy, what were your thoughts about last year's drill? Most of this year's show has people running, or doing blind sets.

I think the problem is, this show is just really difficult all over. The drill is nothing close to easy, and the music takes a ton of talent and work to perform. Almost all of their parts are completely exposed, both visually and musically. And because this show is so different than everyone else's show out there, I think it would take a special group of judges to buy their program for it to really score where it should be. Not winning, but for sure Top 5. Their hornline alone should be fighting it out at the top.

I think the problem is, this show is just really difficult all over. The drill is nothing close to easy, and the music takes a ton of talent and work to perform. Almost all of their parts are completely exposed, both visually and musically. And because this show is so different than everyone else's show out there, I think it would take a special group of judges to buy their program for it to really score where it should be. Not winning, but for sure Top 5. Their hornline alone should be fighting it out at the top.

Top 5 IF it is ever executed at a level high enough to reward. The current level of execution should have that show in 9th place IMO. I think name recognition is making it extra hard for Blue Stars to pass them right now.

When and if the judges this year decide to give them the credit, they will move up. I thought it would already have happened, but it has not...yet.

well, there are 23 WC corps.

so SCV has room. many corps catch fire late, so it's nothing to worry about til next week