Does it suck

So its more than clear. Blue Devils will be the 2010 DCI Champions!

That being said the only real drama left is who will make up the top 4 or 5. Does this change your excitement, enjoyment and interest level? How much more into it would you be if there was a clear dog fight for the top 3 positions, where anything could happen. This post is not relative to BD winning their 14th championship. They have earned it. If you don’t like them….just get over it. The question would be the same if ANY corps was in their position and the outcome very certain. The question being asked is about the lack of suspense. BD will have gone undefeated for 2 years. No upsets, no drama.

For most other competitive forms of entertainment, people tune in to see what will happen, to see the upset, to see the underdog win. The more the outcome is in question, the higher level of interest.

IMO (yes I know it means little) Drum Corps needs more competitive balance.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said the only real drama left is who will make up the top 4 or 5. Does this change your excitement, enjoyment and interest level? How much more into it would you be if there was a clear dog fight for the top 3 positions, where anything could happen. This post is not relative to BD winning their 14th championship. They have earned it. If you don’t like them….just get over it. The question would be the same if ANY corps was in their position and the outcome very certain. The question being asked is about the lack of suspense. BD will have gone undefeated for 2 years. No upsets, no drama.

For most other competitive forms of entertainment, people tune in to see what will happen, to see the upset, to see the underdog win. The more the outcome is in question, the higher level of interest.

I'm not as excited as I once was to head out to Indy, due to the dominance BD has displayed with the judges. That said, the champion this year will be crowned on the 14th and not a day sooner.

Stranger things have happened....

First of all, there has been more "competitive balance" in the past several years within both the top 3-4 and the overall top 12 than in any other time in DCI history since the early 70s. The mythology that any other time in DCI has had more variation and shifts in placement keeps growing, though. It's baffling.

And it's 8 days until finals. Nobody knows who's going to win. Big shifts in placement in the 8 days prior to finals have happened before.

I'm happy with it! LOL :ph34r:

Edited to explain why...

I marched with a young man named Doug Peterson... This young man (now on the BOD for BD) came up through the ranks... He was a BDB who was there for a few years and was finally promoted to the "A" corps. Doug was an awesome performer and is still doing it with the SF Renegades.

Doug's Son Kyle this season was promoted to the WC Corps after many years of being in BDB... As the children of legacy members are not often placed in these groups I congratulate the entire Peterson family (Doug, Deb and Kyle) and show my love and support for something that is rare indeed these days!

Go Get Em Kyle! :lookaround::ph34r::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Big Bad Bari

I'm not as excited as I once was to head out to Indy, due to the dominance BD has displayed with the judges. That said, the champion this year will be crowned on the 14th and not a day sooner.

Stranger things have happened....

On the 14th with the 14th...

The gap will close dramatically on BD. Follow the money. But in the end, BD will win another DCI Title. That would be my guess, anyway.

I can remember feeling the same way back when I attended my very first Championships...

in 2008. :lookaround: