Do you like the Blue Devil's show?

Do you like the Blue Devil's show?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Blue Devil's show?

• Yes
    • No

I like the Devils show better than last years ode to the chair show. The Mirrors were cool for a little bit but should have gone to the back field 1/3rd the way into the show.

As far as pleasing my Drum Corps addiction I liked The Madison Scouts.

I wish the Devils would go back to more of their former look from the late 70s early 80s.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Devils show better than last years ode to the chair show.

Yeah, I, myself, prefer Ode to Horsies, Ode to Dancing Toreadors who throw Tissies By Breaking Pretty Flags over their Knees, Ode to Impaling and Throat Slitting ...you know, that kind of thing. Chairs are just so over the top and theatrical. jk

As far as pleasing my Drum Corps addiction I liked The Madison Scouts.

To see the origins of their drum feature, check out BD 2003.

All of the tuba feature stuff, check out BD and Bluecoats over the past 5 years.

Almost surprised to find myself saying this, as in the past I've often felt BD to be kind of sterile: clean and powerful, but cool to the touch. But the sheer quality of their performance this year is just overwhelming. The combination of flawless (and seemingly effortless) execution and the complexity of the written program is a terrific one-two punch. My vote is an unqualified "yes."

Fred O.

In the 70's my daily existence was school and drum corps. On Monday evenings, I'd ride the subway to George's Spagetti House and listen to jazz musicians jam. Sometimes I'd close my eyes and chill, my oasis from the everday; once a month, I'd listen to the Blues on Bathurst Street.

Blue Devils 2010 reminds me of that point in time except I dare not close my eyes let alone blink. Their closer is distantly reminiscent of the 76 opener with a faster, fuller, sophisticated finese in 2010. As a footnote and from a few viewings on FN, the guard seems to know how to perform and genuinely appears to enjoy performing. Yes from me.

You know, the last three minutes of their show are pretty straightforward, loud, fast, fun, jazz. I can't believe that people aren't entertained by it. The first 5-6 minutes? Fine. I can kind of understand that. But I think some people are just blindly bashing.

LOLOL - another thread to showcase the hate and driveby, group bashing... safety in numbers.....throw another stone, throw ANOTHER stone..it feels good to be a part of a group.....

I guess, since they probably will win, the group concedes so discredit the show to say "Who cares they won, nobody likes it anyway" LOL

I like the show.

G