The World Series of Drum Corps

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...we do NOT need to know about your love life! :thumbup:

i'm married and it's band camp season...what's a love life? LOL

i'm married and it's band camp season...what's a love life? LOL

Sigh..I'm still writing our show! We got the rights waaaay too late! Have to finish the closer for the winds and then go back and complete the percussion score.

Ugh!

I have repeatedly demanded that the proponents of the G7 plan provide some sort of quantifiable justification for their baseless claims of being "the draw". Every time I have made this request, it has gone unanswered.

But now, in this new proposal for the "World Series of Drum Corps", we have the answer to my request....undisputable proof of the drawing power and market value of the activity's top corps known as the G7....and a mechanism by which to quantify their superior drawing power and determine precisely how much more they are worth to show sponsors individually, or as a group:

Number of Facebook friends.

Based on this new information, I have no choice but to lend my total support to the "World Series of Drum Corps" concept.

It's going to be interesting to watch this play out. I refuse to pass judgment until I see how this plan works out in practice, but certainly it's about what I expected to come from the original G7 plan. First, all you who said that the G7 could do whatever they wanted on their own, so long as they left to let DCI keep on keepin' on, well now you've got your wish. My second thought is that this matches with the only parts of the G7 that made sense and seemed to have a consensus. Almost all of the debate on DCP has focused on Hopkins' proposal, as though it were a final draft and the G7 were prepared to follow it to the letter. It seems more likely to me that the leaked PowerPoint was just one step in the negotiation process, and one that was never meant to be public. Keep in mind that the only public announcement from the G7 was Fiedler's press release, posted simultaneously to the corps' web pages. This plan seems more in line with that release, and I have to say I'm curious to see how it all shakes out

It's going to be interesting to watch this play out. I refuse to pass judgment until I see how this plan works out in practice, but certainly it's about what I expected to come from the original G7 plan. First, all you who said that the G7 could do whatever they wanted on their own, so long as they left to let DCI keep on keepin' on, well now you've got your wish. My second thought is that this matches with the only parts of the G7 that made sense and seemed to have a consensus. Almost all of the debate on DCP has focused on Hopkins' proposal, as though it were a final draft and the G7 were prepared to follow it to the letter. It seems more likely to me that the leaked PowerPoint was just one step in the negotiation process, and one that was never meant to be public. Keep in mind that the only public announcement from the G7 was Fiedler's press release, posted simultaneously to the corps' web pages. This plan seems more in line with that release, and I have to say I'm curious to see how it all shakes out

I still wonder if they asked for the stars with the original proposal knowing they might end up with the moon, so to speak.