Finals possible scenario #3

Well, I would like to see The Cavaliers take home the gold tonight but, the judges are having a love affair with the Blue Devils right now. Personally I don't hate BD just tired of seeing them on top. For 3 years I had to sit on my computer chair and watch BD win just about every show. (Yes I know BD lost in 08 but i'm looking at the 08 season as a whole.) It just gets boring after awhile so its awesome seeing some change ups. Do I think The Cavaliers can do it? Yeah sure the current corps director has had The Cavaliers jump over a point from semis to finals (I am mainly looking at 1989). I don't think it'll happen tonight... (sigh) I think The Cavaliers have proven so much already this year. From people saying they'll get 6th 7th or 8th to now "Hey they can win!" is rather interesting... They have my favorite show this year no doubt about that but... sadly they more than likely wont win tonight... That saddens me to type that... Oh well It was a great season for boys in green.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would like to see The Cavaliers take home the gold tonight but, the judges are having a love affair with the Blue Devils right now. Personally I don't hate BD just tired of seeing them on top. For 3 years I had to sit on my computer chair and watch BD win just about every show. (Yes I know BD lost in 08 but i'm looking at the 08 season as a whole.) It just gets boring after awhile so its awesome seeing some change ups. Do I think The Cavaliers can do it? Yeah sure the current corps director has had The Cavaliers jump over a point from semis to finals (I am mainly looking at 1989). I don't think it'll happen tonight... (sigh) I think The Cavaliers have proven so much already this year. From people saying they'll get 6th 7th or 8th to now "Hey they can win!" is rather interesting... They have my favorite show this year no doubt about that but... sadly they more than likely wont win tonight... That saddens me to type that... Oh well It was a great season for boys in green.

Well, let's just hope everyone does their best. As I'm sure you know, "I'm sick of seeing ____ on top" is not really a valid reason for a different group winning. Many corps have gone through this, like BD in the late 70s, Cadets in the 80s, your Cavs in the late 90s-early 00s, and now back to BD. Were you complaining when Cavs were winning all the time?....never mind! ;-)

It's just a fantastic bunch of groups this year. I enjoy almost all of the top 12...good to see Blue Stars and Madison being successful again, and for such a diverse group of shows among the top 12. We will see what happens - this might be one of the last times we'll see DCI like this, if some of the G7 comes to pass. Enjoy it while you can! Hey, I'm rooting for my alma mater, best of luck to the Cavs but remember: no corps has ever won DCI doing pushups in their show! Maybe this will be the year pushups make a breakthrough! ;-)

I see it happening!

Original prediction;

Quarterfinals - Cavaliers overtake Bluecoats. DONE! :lookaround:

Semifinals - Cavaliers take 2nd LESS than a Point behind Devils. DONE! :laughing:

Finals - Cavaliers win by .55. :laughing:

2 out of 3 accomplished!

Tomorrow night the Green Machine will BLOW THAT PLACE DOWN!

Doubt if you will, we Believers know better! :laughing:

Well, let's just hope everyone does their best. As I'm sure you know, "I'm sick of seeing ____ on top" is not really a valid reason for a different group winning. Many corps have gone through this, like BD in the late 70s, Cadets in the 80s, your Cavs in the late 90s-early 00s, and now back to BD. Were you complaining when Cavs were winning all the time?....never mind! ;-)

It's just a fantastic bunch of groups this year. I enjoy almost all of the top 12...good to see Blue Stars and Madison being successful again, and for such a diverse group of shows among the top 12. We will see what happens - this might be one of the last times we'll see DCI like this, if some of the G7 comes to pass. Enjoy it while you can! Hey, I'm rooting for my alma mater, best of luck to the Cavs but remember: no corps has ever won DCI doing pushups in their show! Maybe this will be the year pushups make a breakthrough! ;-)

I want you to know that it is a joy to read your posts!!!

BTW, my girlfriend is a tuttle :lookaround:

Oh them? I just don't like the Yankees... If I see them on t.v. I always root for the other team, even if I don't like the other team thats just how much I don't like them. But thats baseball not dci...

Doesn't matter what the activity is. If you don't like one group dominating, you're implying you do not like anyone always being at the top.

Of course but I never made "I'm sick of seeing BD on top" a valid reason for a different corps to win... thats just a personal opinion. Overall I thank you for respecting my opinion.