Thanks DCI

Great to be able to watch everything unfold LIVE via the web!

Thanks DCI!

Agree. Fan Network is a fantastic outreach program for DCI and the activity. Kudos for whoever came up with the marketing concept, and to DCI for it's implementation. I'm sure that there is a lot of work that has to go on behind the scenes to pull off this technology smoothly so that we get to see these events live.

Thanks DCI !

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you havent noticed every organization of the current and past DCI corps have taken their tumble in placements, even as far as out of the Top 12.

There is one noteworthy exception. (Unless I'm mistaken,) SCV has never placed lower than 7th, and they have been in every DCI finals. That's a pretty good record, IMHO.

It sure was 1000 X better than clicking REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH ad nauseum....lol

THANK YOU!!!!

DCI deserves major props for bringing Finals Awards and Retreat to the masses via the web. I am very grateful! It was very emotional even on the web. I also want to thank DCI and all the corps for promoting this art and helping kids learn so much about themselves and what they can accomplish. I just keep praying that we will see music programs continue in US public schools. There have been too many cuts.

Thanks, DCI!

Sorry to be a pessimist but I would have liked to see the retreat live. As mentioned in another thread all I could get was a frame or two at a time then reload.

Sounds like the problem was on YOUR end, not DCIs. You seem to be the only one that had a problem so maybe it's your computer or internet provider???

Thanks DCI..... however, by showing us that snippet of scores live doesnt pull anyone back in. Attendance is down, no marketablity and no placement changes.

here is my prediction for next years TOP 5 in Order: BLue Devils, Cavies, Cadets, Crown or Bluecoats, Phantom. SVC in 6th, either Crown or Coats take a tumble.

You cant draw fans or increase your viewer base and attendance if we already know how is going to win, when the 1st set if scores are released after the first shows in JUNE. No placement changes, no parity, no upsets. To draw fans you must have something exciting and different.

I hope DCI is around in the future and the G7 topic is tabled off.......

Sooooo...are we to understand that you want "DCI" top artificially create an order based on....what? The best is the best. Period. And they're usually the best for a reason. No matter what anyone thought about BD's show this year, they were flat out untouchable. No matter how hard it is for me to say that

Sounds like the problem was on YOUR end, not DCIs. You seem to be the only one that had a problem so maybe it's your computer or internet provider???

You are probably right, that's why I was hoping for others to list their experience. Anyway, my problem is one that I am not currently able to rectify. *Sigh*

I guess you dont look at this as analytical as I do. DCI wants to draw a larger fan base, some consider this a sport and its always predictable. I know there are dynasties but come on. The BAD DEVILS are not perfect after watching last night show on the fan network. It was boring and not top 5 material. Is always park blow, play the same thing over and over, little flash, judges get a woody and give them perfect scores or close to it.

You will see Crown and Bluecoats drop from TOP 5 in the next 2 years, SCV has to get back in and so does Phantom.OH and dont foregt Madison might sneek in one more time and maybe they might let the Blue Stars in. If you havent noticed every organization of the current and past DCI corps have taken their tumble in placements, even as far as out of the Top 12. For some reason, Devils havent left since 1975 of the top 5. The shows are not always that great, they arent that perfect and yes they make mistakes. Its all about that good ole boys network and the direct relationship to the judges. Cant score the Devils down to far or feelings might get hurt, or they threaten to not be a member.

Like i keep saying, if they want to increase thier audience and attendance, people who like contest, sports and athletics enjoy the not knowing and the possibility of upset. With this activity its always predictable from the first set of scores in June.

1. Attendance was up over last year. You, sir, or ma'am are wrong about attendance being down.

2. The corps with the best programs scored the highest. That's the way it's been since DCI started in the 1970s.

3. Bagging on the Blue Devils does your cause no good. Point out with specifics how other corps were better under the current scoring system. I'll wait.

4. Go to a DCA championships. I am sure you'll enjoy that weekend. Have a great time there.

There is one noteworthy exception. (Unless I'm mistaken,) SCV has never placed lower than 7th, and they have been in every DCI finals. That's a pretty good record, IMHO.

Actually they placed 8th in 2005 - but other than that they have never placed lower than 7th (5 times)

Thanks DCI & Michael Boo. I watched Semis live on the Fan Network and then being able to watch finals retreat was the next best thing to being there. The snippets from the show were a bonus. You listened to the fans. :sad:

Thank you. And please thank my editor and immediate boss at dci.org, Chris Weber. He gave me great direction and much of what I did all summer was based on his suggestions and his legwork to get things to happen.

I hope my Friday audio blog (to those renting the receiver/earbud devices) can be posted some day.