Injured Crown Member

I just found a cell phone camera video on Youtube. I'm not posting it since it's against the terms I'm sure.

Why am I not surprised that this is already on YouTube? Uggh. Just watching the high-cam on TheFanNetwork is horrifying. Seeing him fall the first time is bad enough, but corps members fall all the time. The second time he goes down I nearly lost my lunch.

Here's hoping for a successful surgery and a return to the field in 2011.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates from Ryan's brother and mother on Crown's Facebook:

"Hey everyone, spoke with RyRy and he sounded good! Left Tibia is broken and will have surgery in the morning! Waiting for surgeon to call. Will post more later when I know more."

"Hey every one my bro ther is out of surgery now an all went well..just waitin for him to wake up an recover from the surgery"

Why am I not surprised that this is already on YouTube? Uggh. Just watching the high-cam on TheFanNetwork is horrifying. Seeing him fall the first time is bad enough, but corps members fall all the time. The second time he goes down I nearly lost my lunch.

Here's hoping for a successful surgery and a return to the field in 2011.

It's not a vid of the fall -- it's a vid of the whole show. Camera does not pan and zoom to the incident.

This was such a scary moment to see happen. I did not see the initial fall but saw him try to get back up and immediately go back down. Alan Kristensen (drum judge) was thankfully working his way around the edge of the corps, saw him and was able to get him up and out of the block as the drill moved towards the center. I wish him a speedy recovery and I hope he can make it back on the field in 2011.

It's not a vid of the fall -- it's a vid of the whole show. Camera does not pan and zoom to the incident.

Thank goodness for that, at least. Sadly, I can only imagine someone out there has video of the incident itself on their phone and is planning to upload it.

... I really think EVERYONE overreacted to the whole situation.

Perhaps the worst overreaction was by the Crown staff member who posted, insinuating (FALSELY) that anyone who discussed the young man's injury would be in violation of HIPAA privacy laws. Those laws only apply to health care providers, insurance providers and such.

That said, I join everyone else here in wishing the young man a speedy recovery.

Perhaps the worst overreaction was by the Crown staff member who posted, insinuating (FALSELY) that anyone who discussed the young man's injury would be in violation of HIPAA privacy laws. Those laws only apply to health care providers, insurance providers and such.

That said, I join everyone else here in wishing the young man a speedy recovery.

I may be too hard on Crown, but how can anyone fault a concerned staff member for looking out for the best interests of a member that they care about.

But why would a staff member want to threaten people who are truly concerned for someones safety?

I never saw this threat, but if it was about the HIPAA Privacy Law then he is way out of context as one of the previous posters stated.

The Office for Civil Rights enforces the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information; the HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information; and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.

So all negative vibes aside, we do all hope he has a speedy recovery. But it sucks when negative things have to be thrown into something as serious as the incident last night when everybody was just trying to find out what happen and give their thoughts to the member, family and crown.