Congrats Blue Stars

With the Blue Stars scoring 91.9 for 8th place this past weekend they have set the Highest 8th Place score mark at DCI beating the previous mark of 91.5 set in 1992 by the Phantom Regiment

Congratulations Blue Stars on an outstanding Season.

With the Blue Stars scoring 91.9 for 8th place this past weekend they have set the Highest 8th Place score mark at DCI beating the previous mark of 91.5 set in 1992 by the Phantom Regiment

Congratulations Blue Stars on an outstanding Season.

Thank you Phil. That is an interesting stat about the 8th place score but, thank you for congratulating the Blue Stars.

I really did appreciate the efforts of every member of every corps this year. In spite of possibly hotter than average summer temperatures, every DCI member should be proud to have been part of an above average year for all corps. I think the scores this year may actually reflect that. I also want to say that I love how the Bluecoats perform. The Bluecoats had a great show to perform this year and every time I saw them, they made it even better by giving 100%. Congratulations Bluecoats on an outstanding season!

My congrats to the Blue Stars as well. I have loved each of their shows the past 3 years. When I first saw the music they were playing my initial reaction was "why?"

After seeing it live it didn't take long to become one of my favorites. The performances at Indy were nothing short of outstanding.

It was a great year for all 4 of the Blue corps.

Blue Stars will be one of the one shows I frequently watch when my DVD's come in. Members you should be proud of the product you worked on this year! Good stuff

My congrats to the Blue Stars as well. I have loved each of their shows the past 3 years. When I first saw the music they were playing my initial reaction was "why?"

Had I checked the Blue Stars out prior to seeing them live, I would have thought the same thing. Glass and Adams have never really been done justice on the field--admittedly it's a major challenge. Usually with Adams it's Short Ride, which is a great piece, but hard to do clean enough to be effective. SCV 08 did The Chairman Dances, which I love, but they didn't really capture the energy in their arrangement. Cavies 09 pulled bits and pieces from Grand Pianola Music, another favorite of mine, but basically wimped out on trying to adapt it as anything other than segues between the other pieces.

But the landing of the 747 from Nixon in China is a perfect choice for drum corps and the Blue Stars pulled it off big time. And they used Glass perfectly to set a mood for the show throughout. Amazing job by the arranger and the performers! This one will be in heavy rotation on my iPod for years to come.

Also the best 8th place show I've ever seen in my life. Great show Blue Stars! :sad:

Absolutely incredible show, agreed. Congrats on the great score!

They did a wonderful job this season. I really hope they lose the grey uniforms for next year.