No Open Class DVD?

well, i'm not a huge downloading fan, so i guess no OC on film for me this year

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take it no one has any info as to whether or not the Open Class downloadable vids will be multi-camera?

Guys REALLY?

If you want a video, then please as fans, put together a pool of money and produced it for the Drum Corps. I can say that FOR SURE, the OC directors would greatly appreciate the fact that you are willing to pay for it. In the end, trust me DVD's/Videos are there to also be a base for fund-raising for the corps in question. All this nonsense about wanting a DVD and not buying ANY media because you are not a fan of downloading just goes to prove that you could care less about the corps, nor the kids.

Listen up, STOP COMPLAINING! Raise the money and produce the Videos yourself, or better yet financially back the OC corps. Until that happens, OC directors MUST take the appropriate steps to NOT loose money and put themselves at risk of not having a summer touring organization. Its a smart business move. Plus its cheaper this way... ESPECIALLY if you just wanted a copy of ONE SPECIFIC corps performance. You then don't have to waste money on purchasing the WHOLE DVD.

BRAVO for yet another GREAT way to cut costs and make Open Class more solid in the financial aspect.

actually it says i'm not into being a techno geek and not wanting to clog my computer up with stuff. if the corps make their own dvd's, i'd consider buying them

actually it says i'm not into being a techno geek and not wanting to clog my computer up with stuff. if the corps make their own dvd's, i'd consider buying them

Download

Burn own DVD

Delete from computer

done...

;)

The staff has not received medals for at least the last 10 years in Div 2/3/ -Open Class.

Did they ever receive medals? I remember at least into the 1990s when medals were not yet being presented to members. Does anyone remember when member medals started to be presented?

Download

Burn own DVD

Delete from computer

done...

;)

no offense...more techno geek action than i want or need to get into...not to mention buying some of the toys needed to make it happen

I know I got a medal (as a marching member) in both 92 and 93. I don't think staff got them then either, except maybe for one to the corps itself to frame/display

no offense...more techno geek action than i want or need to get into...not to mention buying some of the toys needed to make it happen

Jeff: You and my Dad need to get together and play some checkers while reminiscing about Black and White TV :tongue:

Well you set up an account on DCP, there really isn't much more to it than pressing a button to save the file.

I can understand you not wanting to download them. HOWEVER, if there is a viable option for you to purchase the media, and at $2.99 not $50.00 (doesn't take a genius there to figure that one out) then really you shouldn't complain.

Take this "hypothetical situation" into account. DCI decides t produce a DVD next year, but will ONLY sell them in Michigan city between 4 pm and 8 pm the first night of competition. Are you going to them complain that you should get to order them in INDY? Or that you should be allowed to purchase it online using the online technologies that allow for that?

The OPEN CLASS directors said NO, we are NOT wanting to waste money on producing this. Our kids don't care, they want to just download their show on play it on the iphones and ipods.... They wanted to save money, since FANS are no longer really giving to Drum Corps. And I can 100% speak truth to that, as for more than 8 years now running that aspect of the drum corps, I know who, how much, and how often alumni and fans support corps. :) I also speak to other directors about it as well.

So, if you want to see the RETURN of the DVD's put together a campaign and raise the money to do it for the kids. AFTERALL!!!! if everyone here wants to moan about the "history" of drum corps, you should know that Drum Corps did a great deal for you in YOUR life, now its time to GIVE BACK TO THE ACTIVITY! And that means EVERY year :)