Madison Scouts 2011

GO SCOUTS!!!

That is all I have today.

• Like 2

I'm saying 5th for these guys, theyre performing very well and will just keep getting better. The staff is beating the corps into one bad mofo and the judges are appreciating this hard core effort.

so for me 5th, conservatively 6th.

When considering this question, the first thought has to be "what corps are Scouts NOT going to pass." I think it's safe to stipulate that the following corps will not be beaten (or, honestly, super close to be beaten) by Scouts:

1 Cavaliers

2 Cadets

3 Blue Devils

4 Crown

Next, lets eliminate the corps that Scouts HAVE beaten, and/or will most likely beat:

10 Boston Crusaders

11 Blue Knights

12 Glassmen

13 (everyone else not in Finals from 2010)

So far, the puts Madison Scouts at (probably) no less than 9th place, and no better than 5th place. Great place to be in, IMO!

Now, lets look at the list of those 9th-5th place corps:

6. Blue Stars: Madison beat them the last time they went head to head, but that has been a week ago. I think we can say that Madison has the statistical advantage with a 2 point spread, but a lot has changed for both corps. Advantage: Madison Scouts

7. SCV: a few weeks ago, I would've said SCV is not doing well. But they have made INCREDIBLE strides already, and past Phantom Regiment for the first time last night. That might've been a fluke, or it might be a sign of things to come. Regardless, they're on the upswing and I think they're not dropping. Advantage: SCV

8. Phantom Regiment: their show seems to be in a bit of a funk right now, and Phantom is an inconsistent corps from year to year. They could end strong, or they could continue to drop: it's nearly impossible to tell: I can see this going either way, and I could see Madison and Phantom trading victories right down to Finals night. Just like the old days! I'm going to give Phantom the benefit of the doubt, but this one is a wash. Advantage: Phantom Regiment

9. Bluecoats: this show is REALLY different, and different show designs in DCI can soar or sink. The corps is coming off their best placement ever, and has moment as far as membership talent is concerned: heck, the performance captions have been pretty high the last couple of years. I think Bluecoats will take longer than others to "catch on" with both their members and the judging community. I think come mid-July people will be wondering how far this show could go. If nothing else, even if the design doesn't catch on with the judges, I think performance level alone will keep Bluecoats above Madison Scouts this season.

So where does that leaves us with Madison Scouts' placement if we're betting?

1 Cavaliers

2 Cadets

3 Blue Devils

4 Crown

5 Bluecoats

6 SCV

7 Phantom or Scouts

8 Scouts or Phantom

9 Blue Stars

0 Boston Crusaders

11 Blue Knights

12 Glassmen

So I guess I'd say 8th place, maybe 7th (and don't we all love the 'Scouts vs Phantom' rivalries from the past?! :tongue: )

Either way, another great year for Scouts, and the trend they've set the last 15 or so months is that they are DEFINITELY headed in the right direction, and we look forward to see where they go next (next meaning next show)! :thumbup:

• Like 4

perc2100,

You make a compelling argument. Here is an equally compelling rebuttal*;

…we all know how that turned out.

*Except for the “all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from the Cavies, BD, Phantom, etc, etc.” line (‘cause really…we know the Scouts are, always have and always will be impossibly irresistible to the ladies).

perc2100,

You make a compelling argument. Here is an equally compelling rebuttal*;

…we all know how that turned out.

*Except for the “all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from the Cavies, BD, Phantom, etc, etc.” line (‘cause really…we know the Scouts are, always have and always will be impossibly irresistible to the ladies).

Dude, you are straight up classic!

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

If you put "Madison Scouts 2011 Bristol Encore" into a search engine you'd never find a video of "Empire State of Mind" being played for encore to fireworks in the background.

So there's no reason to include a :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: here

When considering this question, the first thought has to be "what corps are Scouts NOT going to pass." I think it's safe to stipulate that the following corps will not be beaten (or, honestly, super close to be beaten) by Scouts:

1 Cavaliers

2 Cadets

3 Blue Devils

4 Crown

Next, lets eliminate the corps that Scouts HAVE beaten, and/or will most likely beat:

10 Boston Crusaders

11 Blue Knights

12 Glassmen

So far, the puts Madison Scouts at (probably) no less than 9th place, and no better than 5th place. Great place to be in, IMO!

Now, lets look at the list of those 9th-5th place corps:

6. Blue Stars: Madison beat them the last time they went head to head, but that has been a week ago. I think we can say that Madison has the statistical advantage with a 2 point spread, but a lot has changed for both corps. Advantage: Madison Scouts

7. SCV: a few weeks ago, I would've said SCV is not doing well. But they have made INCREDIBLE strides already, and past Phantom Regiment for the first time last night. That might've been a fluke, or it might be a sign of things to come. Regardless, they're on the upswing and I think they're not dropping. Advantage: SCV

8. Phantom Regiment: their show seems to be in a bit of a funk right now, and Phantom is an inconsistent corps from year to year. They could end strong, or they could continue to drop: it's nearly impossible to tell: I can see this going either way, and I could see Madison and Phantom trading victories right down to Finals night. Just like the old days! I'm going to give Phantom the benefit of the doubt, but this one is a wash. Advantage: Phantom Regiment

9. Bluecoats: this show is REALLY different, and different show designs in DCI can soar or sink. The corps is coming off their best placement ever, and has moment as far as membership talent is concerned: heck, the performance captions have been pretty high the last couple of years. I think Bluecoats will take longer than others to "catch on" with both their members and the judging community. I think come mid-July people will be wondering how far this show could go. If nothing else, even if the design doesn't catch on with the judges, I think performance level alone will keep Bluecoats above Madison Scouts this season.

So where does that leaves us with Madison Scouts' placement if we're betting?

1 Cavaliers

2 Cadets

3 Blue Devils

4 Crown

5 Bluecoats

6 SCV

7 Phantom or Scouts

8 Scouts or Phantom

9 Blue Stars

0 Boston Crusaders

11 Blue Knights

12 Glassmen

So I guess I'd say 8th place, maybe 7th (and don't we all love the 'Scouts vs Phantom' rivalries from the past?! :tongue: )

Either way, another great year for Scouts, and the trend they've set the last 15 or so months is that they are DEFINITELY headed in the right direction, and we look forward to see where they go next (next meaning next show)! :thumbup:

I couldnt have said it before. Thats exactly my logic :p

I loved the EAST coast tour when I marched in the 80's, great people! 3 more shows out EAST,

Aug 3rd. West Chester PA.

Aug 5th. ALLENTOWN!

And The Big One, Aug 7th. Erie PA.

Can you say, Sweet!

The Best Is Yet To Come... GO! MADISON SCOUTS!

Edited by thirdcoast

If you put "Madison Scouts 2011 Bristol Encore" into a search engine you'd never find a video of "Empire State of Mind" being played for encore to fireworks in the background.

So there's no reason to include a :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: here

So glad I didn't. Thank you. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Honestly ... I think calling 77.4 to 78.3 a slight improvement in score is under-exaggerating. Slight would be .1-.4, in my opinion. This was almost an entire point. That's a fantastic jump with no rehearsal days in between.

You're missing the point, their one point jump means nothing, what is interesting is the spread with Crown opening and the spread with Boston closing. Madison needs to find a way to add some demand across the board if they want a shot at top 8 IMO. The harder shows will simply outpace them in the end as the demand cleans up.