Madison Scouts 2011

At this point in time, the synchronization rights to "Empire State of Mind" have not been secured. The Madison Scouts have secured the ability to arrange and perform the piece, but the sale of synchronized video content has not yet been granted and DCI has appropriately decided to mute the replay content on the Fan Network to avoid any possible infringement at this time. This does not affect the broadcasts of live performances, only the replay of them.

We have been furiously trying to resolve this issue for over 7 months. Due to the popularity of the piece and the numerous artists involved in its creation, it has proven to be vary challenging. Let's just say that drum corps licensing is not a high priority for the agencies involved with a pop tune like ESOM.

We are continuing to aggressively secure a license and we appreciate your patience as we work through these matters.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Chris,

First of all, great show!! It's great seeing the Scouts back in top form!! Do you know if there is going to be a problem with "Empire State of Mind" being on the DVD or CD recordings? I sure hope not. I think has become a great closer for the Scouts.

Dennis

And once again anyone voicing an opinion that doesn't have Scouts in the top 5 is drawn and quartered for voicing said opinion on an internet discussion forum. Stay classy, (and logical?), Sconks .

Oh please...you are very transparent, for those of us that have followed your posts over the recent years. Your bottom line is simple.

Blue Stars will be fine, but they wont be ahead of Scouts, you hate that.

Carry on !!

G

• Like 3

Ahhhh, he's a Blue Star wonk. That e'splains things.

It's nice to see the Blue Stars doing well again. I always liked them when we competed against them in the 70's, when Wisconsin was the drum corps capital of the world.

• Like 1

And once again anyone voicing an opinion that doesn't have Scouts in the top 5 is drawn and quartered for voicing said opinion on an internet discussion forum. Stay classy, (and logical?), Sconks .

Um, what did you expect in a thread dedicated to talking about Madison Scouts 2011 populated by Madison Scout alumni & fans?! :blink:

• Like 2

Here's to the Men of Madison.

As if you weren't presenting an awesome show to start with, here's hoping your time in New York today and at Ground Zero helps you "bring home" the gravity of the moment. Looking forward to seeing you live.

LOL, you are not very subtle......but you do know Blue Stars wont beat Scouts finals week...right ??

G

Sure, just like I know who's going to win the 2012 election. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Oh please...you are very transparent, for those of us that have followed your posts over the recent years. Your bottom line is simple.

Blue Stars will be fine, but they wont be ahead of Scouts, you hate that.

Carry on !!

G

I've met some psychics in my time, but YOU sir are impressive! Can you give us the scores for finals night and save us the trouble? Shouldn't be too much for a man of your abilities.

• Like 3

Um, what did you expect in a thread dedicated to talking about Madison Scouts 2011 populated by Madison Scout alumni & fans?! :blink:

Trust me, I've been at this long enough to know exactly what I'm in for. I'm having fun with the new rivalry, guess I'll have to come up with some kind of disclaimer so people can get over their pseudo shock at my posts.

• Like 2

Trust me, I've been at this long enough to know exactly what I'm in for. I'm having fun with the new rivalry, guess I'll have to come up with some kind of disclaimer so people can get over their pseudo shock at my posts.

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be any fun. It's never as funny

if you have to explain the joke.

I thought you might have learned after your corps got 2 pointed by the Scouts a while back. You disappeared for like 2 whole days. :tongue: The current spread between the two has increased to 3 points. I know - different shows and all that crap but might you consider toning it down a bit? It really makes you look like a sore loser.

• Like 1