Madison Scouts 2011

Ummmmm...wait...what? :huh: That wasn't the point...what does that have to do with anything? lol There were several corps in Minnesota, but Minnesota guys made up at least a third of the corps in '96. Soooo...I was only pointing out that Missouri has always had good representation among the ranks of the Scouts. As far as I know, EVERY corps is out of state, so I have no clue what that has to do with it. lol

It really doesn't have anything to do with it. I was just wondering if there was ever a corps in Missouri? It seems like a state that has been under-represented with drum corps.

You guys from Missouri should be a little more careful. Dann Peterson graduated from KU and he didn't turn out so bad. Shame on you for saying those things on the Scouts thread.

Dann was my Corps Director and he should be well aware after my two years that although I do not favor his choice in school I do think he is a fantastic human being.

I will say what I wish in regards to ku where ever I feel it necessary thank you very much.

It really doesn't have anything to do with it. I was just wondering if there was ever a corps in Missouri? It seems like a state that has been under-represented with drum corps.

There is an organization in Columbia called Momentum that is making strides at fielding a Corps based out of Columbia, MO

You guys from Missouri should be a little more careful. Dann Peterson graduated from KU and he didn't turn out so bad. Shame on you for saying those things on the Scouts thread.

he got his masters in Oregon, i believe, so does it really count that he got his undergrad at kU?

he got his masters in Oregon, i believe, so does it really count that he got his undergrad at kU?

Yeah, they practically give those degrees away there. :satisfied:

Edited by adub

On the San Antonio video, Madison's synth bass in the opener is much heavier than I remember it live in Akron.

I thought the show in San Antonio (on the FN and the APD) didn't sound nearly as tight or energetic as earlier this season. I'm hoping that was just due to the heat and illness they were enduring the few days before. That, or the audio was deceptive.

• Like 1

I thought the show in San Antonio (on the FN and the APD) didn't sound nearly as tight or energetic as earlier this season. I'm hoping that was just due to the heat and illness they were enduring the few days before. That, or the audio was deceptive.

Every corps had to endure the heat. Enough of your excuses . Every corps is in the same situation. sickness,holes,changes and audio problems

• Like 3

Every corps had to endure the heat. Enough of your excuses . Every corps is in the same situation. sickness,holes,changes and audio problems

Sure. However, every corps are also made up of human beings. And human beings react to different situations differently. The heat may not affect Corps A like it does Corps B or sickness might affect Corps X worse than it does Corps Y. No two human beings react exactly the same to every situation so to postulate that every single Drum Corps reacts the same to heat and/or sickness and/or changes and/or holes and/or anything else is careless generalization and is completely false.

Disclaimer: I realize that last sentence may come off as harsh, but it was not intended to be taken in that manner. I just wanted to put in my two cents on the matter. :smile:

EDIT: Oh, and GO SCOUTS! :worthy:

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku
  • Like 1

He didn't make any excuses...just that he thought it may have taken a toll on the corps. I agree that it seemed like they were pushing hard during that show and I can vouch that by San Antonio time your body is definitely fighting back more than anytime during the season due to the heat and most often some sort of sickness that is running through the Corps.

In fact, sometimes one Corps can experience a sickness outbreak more than any others. I remember at Night Beat in 09' Carolina Crown had to pull out of the show because so many members had caught the Flu. I would love to see anyone try to perform any era Drum Corps show while they have been inflicted with any form of Flu.